Roger Spacey
England
Billingshurst
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a good price for Azul for anyone who wants a copy, not used Moonstore before myself but sure some people might have?

https://moonstore.site/index.php/games-puzzles/strategy-game...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore
Don't do it!

Beware, fake site moonstore.site showing good deals
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Spacey
England
Billingshurst
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore
Didn't know that, never heard of them before, I'll avoid them too if that's the case!

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore
Definitely read that thread - concensus is they are a rebadging of another fraudulant site.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgaga
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore
so... delete this thread.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore

Or at least change the title...

Susie_Cat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore
Agree. Best to change the title asap so that people are warned whether they read the thread or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Spacey
England
Billingshurst
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore (fake website apparently, so be aware !!)
the_bengine wrote:
Agree. Best to change the title asap so that people are warned whether they read the thread or not.
Has now been done, thanks all for the warnings
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgaga
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore (fake website apparently, so be aware !!)
I'm wondering why you wrote "Apparently".
IT IS A FAKE SITE..!
No argument about this. Writting "apparently" gives the idea that you say "some people say so, but hey, Azul is still a good deal".

Problem is, you advertise this website that we should all ignore unless you say "WARNING: SCAM"

Therefore I'll ask the BGG moderator to cancel this thread that is not clear enough to my point of view and can drag people towards this scam.

.... well, I don' know how to flag it to a moderator
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore (fake website apparently, so be aware !!)
I think you're being unnecessarily harsh here.

You can't delete a thread yourself, even if you are the OP.

You can flag it to a moderator by clicking on the red 'x' on the top left of the thread.

As for the word "apparently", I think that it's clear that in this case Roger means "it has been made apparent to me" rather than the interpretation you have put on it.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore (fake website apparently, so be aware !!)
Apparently is also safer wording if not sure of the facts yourself, ditto allegedly. Other people are telling the OP it is a fake site. Unless they did their own research, better to not be strident.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Spacey
England
Billingshurst
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Azul for £16 in Moonstore (fake website apparently, so be aware !!)
I did try to delete the thread but cannot.

I put apparently because I cannot say for certain it is, but I will add warning to the title too.

Beginning to wish I hadn't bothered posting !!
22 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
rspacey wrote:
I did try to delete the thread but cannot.

I put apparently because I cannot say for certain it is, but I will add warning to the title too.

Beginning to wish I hadn't bothered posting !!
No good deed goes unpunished 🤣

It was good of you to share, and good of you to amend the original post in light of the advice.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Radford
United Kingdom
Brentwood
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rspacey wrote:
Beginning to wish I hadn't bothered posting !!
Don't regret anything. You posted what you thought was good information and tried to rectify it when you discovered it wasn't. You haven't done anything wrong.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eledgar wrote:
I'm wondering why you wrote "Apparently".
IT IS A FAKE SITE..!
No argument about this. Writting "apparently" gives the idea that you say "some people say so, but hey, Azul is still a good deal".

Problem is, you advertise this website that we should all ignore unless you say "WARNING: SCAM"

Therefore I'll ask the BGG moderator to cancel this thread that is not clear enough to my point of view and can drag people towards this scam.

.... well, I don' know how to flag it to a moderator
Its not a fake site, the site is real and exists. The products and listings maybe fake and fraudulent but the site is definitely real.

Choice of language is a difficult thing so i agree with others when they say you should give the OP the benefit of the doubt.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve W
United Kingdom
Willenhall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For me the biggest issue is that this is the top result for Azul under Google’s shopping tab. Does anyone know how to go about reporting it to Google?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack R
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
statto wrote:
For me the biggest issue is that this is the top result for Azul under Google’s shopping tab. Does anyone know how to go about reporting it to Google?
I entered it here, if it's the right place or not I dont know!?

https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?h...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Baines
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
spanna wrote:
Apparently is also safer wording if not sure of the facts yourself, ditto allegedly. Other people are telling the OP it is a fake site. Unless they did their own research, better to not be strident.
Absolutely this.

If someone tells you something, but you haven't verified it yourself, then 'apparently' is the right thing to say.

If only more people on the internet would do this instead of repeating anything and everything they hear as being solid fact, then the world would be a better place.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls