Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Of the four players who took part in this game only myself had played it before, though that was some fifteen years previous. Despite a rather dodgy rules translation we were soon able to get down to business.

Like any auction game played for the first time values and bids are somewhat vague, though we were soon able to base these on each other's valuations. Pretty soon I had a full farmyard, while Pete was stuck in the wilderness with nary an animal in sight. His tactic was to save his cash for endgame trading, but this didn't really work as you need animals to trade animals. Steve R also lost out big time in the endgame, losing a horse to myself and a couple of donkeys to the other Steve, an acquisition that enabled him to sneak past me for a narrow win.

Everyone agreed that this is an execllent game and could well understand why it has never been out of print since it's debut in the 80s. A bigger mystery is why it has never been available in the English language.

Result:
1 Steve
2 Bribaba
3 Steve R
4 Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
It is available in English! It's called "You're Bluffing".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Is it published by Ravensburger under that title? I've never seen it in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.