Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juho Snellman
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with yellow!
Signups are open for season 35 of the tournament on tmtour.org.

Note that S35 changes the chess clock settings, reducing the time added to the clock from 1.5 days / round to 1 day / round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzy VandeVogelweyhde
msg tools
Looking forward to S35. Happily appreciating the new clock settings. I want to ask a question here, hoping that i do not duplicate any forum posts.
What do you think about adding the expansion factions to the league? I know, that the new maps and the extra final scorings will not finds its way to this setup. But the extra factions might stir stuff up a little, make it a lot more interesting and keep everything we had before. There would be a metachange and i expect to be flamed here, but i do appreciate any opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel soto
msg tools
I personally like the idea of adding the expansion factions to the tournament.
But in the meantime i play exclusively in games that include the expansions in snellman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Espejo Vigil
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Personally I would be up for it, as well as new maps (e.g. make it another random variable), but I imagine the reason that stuff doesn't change is to keep the same rules throughout the whole life of the league? I would love some variety
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Gaia Project fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Level 08 BGG posterMicrobadge: Geek Regular
You could include the new scoring tiles from Merchants of the Seas. whistle

Replace the ship cult reward with 1w2c (basically combines the 1w/(2f or 2e) and the 1c/e rewards).

Replace the trade scoring with 1vp per player per leech offer of 1 or 2 pw buildings and 2vp per player per leech offer of 3pw+ buildings. So building a D, TP, or TE next to 3 other players would net 3vp. Building a SH or SA next to 3 other players would net 6vp. Build anything next to no other players get 0vp (except a Swarmlings Free TP is always 3vp and SH or SA is 4vp if alone).

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haas
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
Let us know when you have that coded up in the moderator and we'll consider it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzy VandeVogelweyhde
msg tools
For whatever which changement i wonder - is implementation one of the reasons for not changing stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Gaia Project fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Level 08 BGG posterMicrobadge: Geek Regular
Steve496 wrote:
That should be fairly easy for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haas
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
caravanlizzy wrote:
For whatever which changement i wonder - is implementation one of the reasons for not changing stuff?
I mean, that's why Merchants of the Seas (and James's houserules for same) isn't being played. Juho has added all of F+I and a couple of community maps to the moderator, and the reasons we don't play them in the tournament is, briefly stated, because the base game was more popular when the tournament was started, and some people prefer the stability of the current setup. For people who want the more diverse game types, there are other options (like the ladder). There's more discussion of this elsewhere in the forums, most recently here.

JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Steve496 wrote:
That should be fairly easy for you.
Probably. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know my rates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzy VandeVogelweyhde
msg tools
Steve496 wrote:
caravanlizzy wrote:
For people who want the more diverse game types, there are other options (like the ladder). There's more discussion of this elsewhere in the forums, most recently here.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
strand baer
Germany
flag msg tools
Signed up for my first season of TMTour and really looking forward to it!
Thanks in advance to all the organizers!

Good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik Möller
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I'm a microbadge star!Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: I built four towns in Terra Mystica (and still lost)
Welcome strandbaer! Nice to see still new players joining the league.

Have fun everony! The leagues just got started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saikat Banerjee
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Terra Mystica - online play at terra.snellman.netMicrobadge: Codenames fan
jsnell wrote:
Note that S35 changes the chess clock settings, reducing the time added to the clock from 1.5 days / round to 1 day / round.
Thanks for the clock changes! Hope that unfinished games are reduced.

caravanlizzy wrote:
What do you think about adding the expansion factions to the league? I know, that the new maps and the extra final scorings will not finds its way to this setup. But the extra factions might stir stuff up a little, make it a lot more interesting and keep everything we had before. There would be a metachange and i expect to be flamed here, but i do appreciate any opinion
Personally, I want to continue playing the base game. Terra Mystica is a perfect information game and I enjoy the calculations before every move. I want to become better in the base game before focusing on other variables. I guess that will not happen in the foreseeable future and I will continue playing the base game. Adding new variables will make it more difficult to solve. I like to start from the simplest problems and then slowly increase the challenge levels.

I do play the other versions in real life, including the Merchants from the Spiel'19. In real life, my focus is to have fun while in the online version, my focus is to learn.

People do have different expertise levels and many people feel monotonous with the current setup. Many others want new challenges, which is perfectly fine. With growing demands, we can start new tournaments with new maps and factions, but please keep the basic play rules in at least one tournament.

Steve496 wrote:
For people who want the more diverse game types, there are other options (like the ladder). There's more discussion of this elsewhere in the forums, most recently here.
I think the F&I ladder is not exactly the same format as this. Therefore, starting an experimental tournament like the TMTour with the F&I factions could become popular and save the current TMTour from the aggression of F&I and Merchants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
banskt wrote:
I do play the other versions in real life, including the Merchants from the Spiel'19. In real life, my focus is to have fun while in the online version, my focus is to learn.

...save the current TMTour from the aggression of F&I and Merchants.

I hope you are enjoying Merchants! Yes, Merchants can be more aggressive with the tactical decisions that don't cost as much in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzy VandeVogelweyhde
msg tools
Congrats to eunck. Throwing in a win every now and then is impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo Erelli
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
I would very much like the Special Landscapes (the only reason I play on Boardgame Arena) and Merchants of the Seas expansions to be implemented ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AnythingForMarcello
msg tools
filgalaxy999 wrote:
I would very much like the Special Landscapes (the only reason I play on Boardgame Arena) and Merchants of the Seas expansions to be implemented ...
Steve496 wrote:
All these "I'd like X implemented..." are so presumptuous and entitled. Obviously you'd like more of a free thing for you to consume, so it really didn't need to be stated, and consider that there's an unpaid and rarely thanked small group of people on the other end of this unsolicited request of their time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo Erelli
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
Tarantella wrote:
filgalaxy999 wrote:
Steve496 wrote:
All these "I'd like X implemented..." are so presumptuous and entitled. Obviously you'd like more of a free thing for you to consume, so it really didn't need to be stated, and consider that there's an unpaid and rarely thanked small group of people on the other end of this unsolicited request of their time.
Sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone ... I don't demand anything, we would miss it, I just wrote that I would like it. Obviously nobody is forced to work for free (apart from that I would also be willing to pay), and all those who take care of these beautiful online gaming sites deserve every thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhrun
msg tools
Microbadge: Terra Mystica - online play at terra.snellman.netMicrobadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Great Western Trail fan Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Former Magic: the Gathering player
Filippo, I at least did not feel your posting to be immodest and definitely not impolite.

Tarantella, while dozens of older quotes might have shown your point better, I share your feeling that sometimes posts come across as "presumptuous and entitled".
(BTW Steve496 was ironising, for those who don't know the context.)

I guess we can at least say these posts-we-do-not-need-to-single-out are a bit ignorant of the situation which is two guys created and provided everything for free all these years.
Not everybody who wants to make a suggestion (however obscuredevil) can be required to read up through all related threads, but it is sometimes depressing unsatisfactory to see old/wrong/heavily debated assumptions/demands/suggestions/discussions reappear/start from square one, especially if the poster is cocksure to know best.

Still, anything to show Juho and Daniel there is interest still is somewhat good in my bookcool

Peacemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls