Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Fire & Ice Convention 2020 - The Math Trade - Open for want list submission! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
The 2020 Fire & Ice convention (in Manitowoc, WI) is fast approaching, and our tradition is to have a no-ship math trade (that makes 13 years we've been doing this). Past years' trades have been hugely successful - last year we had over 800 items and almost 27% of those traded!

This is a no-ship math trade. That means you don't have to pay shipping costs. It's a great way for you to trade with other local gamers, getting rid of those unwanted or underplayed games for other things you might want to try at no cost.

Even if you can't make it to the con, there are plenty of us who attend and we will be more than happy to be your proxy at the exchange - although it's always great to see you there.

If you don't know how a math trade works, please feel free to ask here, and we can talk you through the basics!

Full rules are posted in the header of the "Trade Geeklist" (link below).

Request GeekList: Fire & Ice 2020 - The Math Trade - Request List

Trade GeekList (where you add your items): Fire & Ice Convention 2020 - The Math Trade

Open for posting games: Wednesday, January 22nd, 10pm to Sunday, February 9th, 10pm.

Want list submission period: Sunday, February 9th, 10pm to Monday, February 17th at 10pm.

Want lists and results will be publicly posted shortly thereafter.

This event is open to anyone who wants to participate, but remember that this is a no-ship event. We will be meeting up on Saturday, February 22nd at 5pm to exchange games traded and you'll either need to be in attendance or have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you at the meet-up. Please make sure that you're there or someone is there for you.

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm a little late posting something, please bear with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. M.
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I find your lack of faith disturbing. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Game Master.
Microbadge: Fire & Ice Convention attendeeMicrobadge: Ford Mustang fanMicrobadge: Campfire fanMicrobadge: I play with purple!Microbadge: Homeschooler
Re: Fire & Ice Convention 2020 - The Math Trade
A BIG thank you goes out to you, Jack.
For your time and service being the moderator again.
It does spark new gamers to the hobby and helps refresh some of us veteran gamers too.
I for one look forward to this time of year and to see everyone again at the convention.

Keep gaming!!

PS Welcome to any new Math Traders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gallmann
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fire & Ice Convention attendeeMicrobadge: Paleo DietMicrobadge: HomeschoolerMicrobadge: Gamer FamilyMicrobadge: Extended Stats user
Couldn't have said it better DarthGamer.

Thanks Jack for your long commitment to this activity. See you all @ the convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
Thanks for the kind words. It'll be good to see you all again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Fire & Ice Convention attendeeMicrobadge: I have visited 25 different countriesMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Pirate's Cove fanMicrobadge: Wolf of the Week
Prior to last year's convention, I commissioned a Fire and Ice microbadge Microbadge: Fire & Ice Convention attendee
Unfortunately, it didn't get completed until March or April. Charlie & Mike have since picked one up. They cost just 8bag & I invite everyone to get one...our 'purchases' help the artists reach their design goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Secret Hitler fanMicrobadge: Starfinder RPG fanMicrobadge: Root fan
Are we using Abecorn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
joeyskywalker wrote:
Are we using Abecorn?
We're using the OLWLG. Please see the trade geeklist header for more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Secret Hitler fanMicrobadge: Starfinder RPG fanMicrobadge: Root fan
anglotiger wrote:
joeyskywalker wrote:
Are we using Abecorn?
We're using the OLWLG. Please see the trade geeklist header for more details.

Cool thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gaming Hoopla attendeeMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Milwaukee Brewers fanMicrobadge: Important announcement about BGG communication!Microbadge: 2020 Ultimate Supporter
joeyskywalker wrote:
Are we using Abecorn?
Abecorn is terrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Math Trade Moderator
motoyugota wrote:
joeyskywalker wrote:
Are we using Abecorn?
Abecorn is terrible.
Right? Not nearly as delicious as corn on the cob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Although Abecorn is better for shipping labels than corn on the cob is... (that might be the only count on which Abecorn beats corn on the cob)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Fire & Ice Convention attendeeMicrobadge: I have visited 25 different countriesMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Pirate's Cove fanMicrobadge: Wolf of the Week
anglotiger wrote:
Although Abecorn is better for shipping labels than corn on the cob is... (that might be the only count on which Abecorn beats corn on the cob)
that's not such a BIG deal re: no-ship math trade whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
backpacker wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
that's not such a BIG deal re: no-ship math trade whistle
That was more a sort of general observation - I sometimes get a better shipping rate from them for things like PiFF and auctions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke K
United States
DeForest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
new user
First time on the math trade, there's a video on how to use a want list generator, but i don't see a link to one on this event? Am i missing something? Or is that posted later to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Lukouba wrote:
First time on the math trade, there's a video on how to use a want list generator, but i don't see a link to one on this event? Am i missing something? Or is that posted later to use?
Hi Luke! Welcome...

There's never a video for a specific event. If you have specific questions, feel free to post them here or send them to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. M.
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I find your lack of faith disturbing. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Game Master.
Microbadge: Fire & Ice Convention attendeeMicrobadge: Ford Mustang fanMicrobadge: Campfire fanMicrobadge: I play with purple!Microbadge: Homeschooler
Luke,
You may want to check this link out.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...

Its by boathouselooper. Hope this helps also or just ask we'll help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Rose
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Board Game Collector
Something seems off in olwlg -- I can't see anything on my wants or offer list. Is it just updating or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gaming Hoopla attendeeMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Milwaukee Brewers fanMicrobadge: Important announcement about BGG communication!Microbadge: 2020 Ultimate Supporter
twoodyrose wrote:
Something seems off in olwlg -- I can't see anything on my wants or offer list. Is it just updating or something?
Definitely something wrong. I'm sure jeffyjeff is aware, but I'll dig around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
motoyugota wrote:
twoodyrose wrote:
Hmm, appears to only be an issue with the F&I math trade - other trades up there are showing items. Jack - not sure if rerunning the sync will fix, but might need to contact Jeff if not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
motoyugota wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
twoodyrose wrote:
Hmm, appears to only be an issue with the F&I math trade - other trades up there are showing items. Jack - not sure if rerunning the sync will fix, but might need to contact Jeff if not.
Fetching game data for 567 new game id's found in this math trade

Notifying 2 users of the 447 new items

There are 447 total items listed so far.

Yesterday or the day before, I tried doing a resynch and it couldn't connect to BGG at the time. There must be a bug in the OLWLG that wipes out the entire listing if it fails to connect.

It should be OK now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Re: Fire & Ice Convention 2020 - The Math Trade - 24 hours remaining to add items!
There are 24 hours left to add items. If you haven't checked the request list recently, please do so again, as more items have been added recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Re: Fire & Ice Convention 2020 - The Math Trade - Deadline to add items is 10pm!
I sent another message to everyone who took part last year, but is yet to add anything this year, just in case they intended to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Sorry - running a few minutes late here.

The list is locked and you can submit want lists whenever you want.

Please post here if you have any issues...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Debenedetto
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Renegade Game Studios "Gen Con 2017" Contest participantMicrobadge: Victory Point Games "Renegade" Contest participant
How do I access the want list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You create your own by clicking on the link that's the name of the math trade in the OLWLG.

You do not have access to see anyone else's, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |