Blue Peg, Pink Peg» Forums » General

Subject: Episode 163: Sorcerer City rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Rouse
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Tile placement / tile laying games fanMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: Roller Derby fanMicrobadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs Logo
EPISODE 163:
PEGHEADS! We've packed this episode with lots of games and some rather amusing conversations of what the PEGS have been up to as of late.
Check it out!

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2020/01/27/episode-163-sorcerer-c...

1) The Pegs discuss their recent game plays including Quirky Circuits, Tussie Mussie, Tainted Grail and many more;

2) All the Pegs review Sorcerer City; and

3) Look back at Barenpark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCallen
msg tools
It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
badge
Kant would say that lying in any scenario is wrong. On the other hand, snitches do get stitches.
Microbadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: Shut Up & Sit Down fanMicrobadge: Board Game Blitz fanMicrobadge: NPR listenerMicrobadge: Steven Universe fan - Haven’t You Noticed (I’m A Star)
I also was traumatized by the Haunted Mansion. I put it on the mental list of things to be avoided and entirely forgot about it. Until over 20 years later until my kid wanted to go on it and I found myself being snippy and irritated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, what the hell. I don't got that long of a lifespan anyway...
Microbadge: Raccoon Tycoon fanMicrobadge: Ain't no thing like me, except me!Microbadge: Guardians of the Galaxy fan - RocketMicrobadge: Raccoon loverMicrobadge: Racoon fan
Listened to the episode earlier, but wasn't able to write down Rob's MTG:A username... what was it again?

Need some new blood fresh meat sucker friends to play against

FWIW, I started playing a few months ago, for the first time in 20 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
Microbadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Last Will fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: Underwater Cities fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
He's "Loud Peg", 'space in between the "loud" and the "peg".'
34:30 or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Raccoon Tycoon fanMicrobadge: Ain't no thing like me, except me!Microbadge: Guardians of the Galaxy fan - RocketMicrobadge: Raccoon loverMicrobadge: Racoon fan
wombat929 wrote:
That's being kicked back as invalid. Not sure if it's case sensitive, but I tried both.

Edit: My display name is Banerunner, but my profile ID is Banerunner#71933. I think the number needs to be present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Finch
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. - Prov. 16:9
Microbadge: 2016 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: The Dice Tower MeepleMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: Public Servant
bnb182 wrote:
wombat929 wrote:
That's being kicked back as invalid. Not sure if it's case sensitive, but I tried both.

Edit: My display name is Banerunner, but my profile ID is Banerunner#71933. I think the number needs to be present.
I think that is correct. My ID is Omni2020#81004
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
Microbadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
bnb182 wrote:
wombat929 wrote:

it is indeed Loud Peg...I will try adding you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
player id is Loud Peg#46988
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Finch
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. - Prov. 16:9
Microbadge: 2016 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: The Dice Tower MeepleMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: Public Servant
Thanks for the friend request

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the requests.

Feels like this could turn into a league...

EDIT: If anyone needs a code for 6 Thrones of Eldraine packs, shoot me a PM, I have an extra code. It's one per account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Finch
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
Also playthrones code nets you 3 packs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: Who ya gonna call?Microbadge: I couldn't care less what color I play with!Microbadge: TravellerMicrobadge: I love peanut butter!
Not a huge board poster.

If you are looking for more MTGA friends, bangerang#26429 is my ID!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vigo Velito
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: FoodieMicrobadge: Parent of Three Boys and Two GirlsMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Gamer Dad
I'm going to give a go as well for MTG; played a bit casually nothing too heavy; should be fun:
vigovelito#21439
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Will add all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Curto
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Brawling Brothers podcast fanMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: Gamer DadMicrobadge: Dungeon Lords fan
I'll have to go find my ID tomorrow, I've played (mostly) off and (a litte) on for the last 20 years, sold my physical collection a few years ago and just started arena, it's great!

As MtG players, I'll point out for others that a lot of drafting does go left/right/left (alternating) and that this actually encourages hate drafting by allowing you to see what the person to your left is passing you so you can block them better in following rounds.

That being said, there is a science to hate drafting that is finely tuned for both each unique game and also the player counts. For instance, hate drafting in a 2-player game is perfectly acceptable because every point taken away from your sole opponent is essentially of equal value as a point gained..... However in a 4 player game, you only have 3 opponents, so hate drafting against one of them is far less effective, not only because it isn't always easy to prognosticate whether that particular opponent will ultimately be your direct competition for first, but because a hate draft often means an opportunity cost that your other two opponents aren't missing if they don't also hate draft (which you really can't count on). As a general rule, I'm find hate drafting a card that is universally good for all other opponents but I RARELY hate draft a card that is only good for one of my opponents unless the situation is uniquely that they and I are the only two actually competing for 1st place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Let the Wookiee win.Microbadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Cricket fanMicrobadge: Neal Stephenson fanMicrobadge: England Cricket Team fan
Late listening to the podcast, but was disappointed in the Pegs' meh response to Barenpark which I found to be a delight. The expansion adds a monorail which is the greatest thing ever. Just look at it:
Board Game: Bärenpark: The Bad News Bears

The base game was a breezy easy game to play with a bit of puzzley think. What were the ones that the Pegs thought it didn't do enough different from? I heard Indian Summer so perhaps it is just which of those you play first becomes the gold standard and you only need one. Mine had bears. (Though I do have Patchwork too and I like both but think Barenpark is just a bit more appealing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Issh
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Origins attendeeMicrobadge: Spiel des Jahres fanMicrobadge: Scotch drinkerMicrobadge: Scythe fan
I am Issh#01339.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Blue Peg Pink Peg - Pegs LogoMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: H. P. Lovecraft fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Gamer Dad
Ok, I can get behind a monorail expansion for pretty much any game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Let the Wookiee win.Microbadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Cricket fanMicrobadge: Neal Stephenson fanMicrobadge: England Cricket Team fan
Just as an addition, by coincidence I taught Barenpark to a friend, just base game and it was very slick and easy. Then we reset and played with grizzlies and monorails and it was a lot more thinky. It does ramp it up quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore del Popolo
msg tools
Microbadge: Yep. You are a nerd. But somehow people can't see it through your tough exterior.Microbadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Gaming since 2015Microbadge: Gaia Project fan
My daughter was only 4 when we scarred her with the haunted mansion. High five for awesome parenting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vigo Velito
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: FoodieMicrobadge: Parent of Three Boys and Two GirlsMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Gamer Dad
FYI: Hasbro announced MTG Arena will be coming to mobile this year

https://dotesports.com/mtg/news/mtg-arena-mobile-will-launch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
vigovelito wrote:
FYI: Hasbro announced MTG Arena will be coming to mobile this year

https://dotesports.com/mtg/news/mtg-arena-mobile-will-launch...
I am wary...VERY wary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls