Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S W E E T !
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, we've had X-Bugs for about 10 days now, and we really like it. We thought it was unbalanced at first (the Flyborgs being stronger) but that was because we were playing it wrong. I don't know how I missed that "extra shot" rule...

Anyway, on this day, it was a best of 3 series for the championship of the world. Well, of the street anyway. Elden chose the Flyborgs and I was the USArthropods. In the first game, I quickly decimated his forces with excellent (lucky?) shooting, extra shots, and warping guys to my carriers.

Game two, and Elden took off this time, using lucky (excellent?) shots to take out a couple of my bases early. I gave it a go for a while, but he was just too tough.

Finally, game three was a bit of a see-saw battle. Another length-of-the-field shot (which included an awesome roll as well) takes out one of my bases on about turn 2. I'm down, but I battle back, and using a second shot for one of my Intruders, I take out a base of his. My stingers land missile-side up a couple of times, and another of his bases is gone. Along with his base go the two bugs that were threatening my bases. From this he cannot recover, and I eventually destroy his last base and take the title of Supreme X-Bugs Commander (for the night).

Very fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.