Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I love Samarkand, but it doesn't really lend itself to detailed session reports. Damon selected the game. Ron indicated early that he'd taken my advice to heart, after some reflection, about not rolling the dice so much.

I'd had bad luck in the last game, but I had splendid luck this game. My cards came up in convenient groups, and never once was I stuck with having to shed cards to reconstitute a depleted deck. Only on one occasion did this happen, and all four of my opponents were required to surrender cards.

I nearly won earlier than I did, but the plastic disc was covering the carpets, preventing my making the winning sale there. I would have to drop carpets to move past nomad camps and sell my grain, and then take two extra turns to drop some carpets off to add the necessary cash to win after that. The grain sale brought me to 495, so I worried about having come so close only to fail at the end.

After I scored the winning sale of carpets, Ron announced that, had he been able to roll his way to the marketplace on his next turn, he would have won.

Damon was in a bit of a funk throughout the game, not in terms of his mood, but rather with respect to his play. He never could get anything going.

Ben seemed the tightest competition for most of the game; he at one point hit 400, dropping into the 300s at the end of the game as he bought cards to aim for his winning score.

I don't believe anyone rolled the die for the entire game.

Chuck 540
Ron 445
Ben 365
James 220
Damon 175

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.