Board Game: Mahjong
Mahjong» Forums » General

Subject: New Zung Jung Website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
new user
Hey everyone,

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to mention that a few months ago I started a website about Zung Jung, zungjungmahjong.com . There isn't a lot of web presence for Zung Jung, and I wanted to have an accessible place for people to find information about the rules, how and where to play, little strategy articles, and such to get people started and, hopefully, increase Zung Jung's visibility, interest, and player base.

It's nothing fancy (as this is my first website ever) and I don't purport myself to be a ZJ expert or a game statistician or anything like that - it's definitely a passion project. But I wanted to share it with the BGG community in hopes that people find it helpful, useful or interesting. If anyone has any suggestions, things they might like to see talked about on the site, added to the site, etc., please feel free to comment here or on the website itself.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
BAD PLAYER
badge
10, 11, 101, 111, 1011, 1101, 10001, ...
Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!
Hi. Welcome to this site. I'm not sure you're familiar with the community rules about self-promotion .

In general, the purpose of this site is for people to communicate about the games here. Drawing people away from BGG to a third party site might not be in the best interest of BGG.

That said, I had a look and thought you had some interesting articles. For me, it would be much more convenient if you would post those directly onto BGG, as that's where I get my gaming news. But I wish you the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
new user
Thanks, I appreciate that. I saw that, and have seen posts in the past made by people directing to their own content that didn't have a commercial element. That being said, if the moderators want to take this post down, that's no problem.

Glad you enjoyed what you saw. I will wait for a determination whether cross-posting content here is against any of the forum rules before doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
BAD PLAYER
badge
10, 11, 101, 111, 1011, 1101, 10001, ...
Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!Microbadge: Trains!
ZJMJ wrote:
Glad you enjoyed what you saw. I will wait for a determination whether cross-posting content here is against any of the forum rules before doing so.
I'm not sure. I think it's fine as long as you're not making any money from your site. But if you want to know for sure you could contact Octavian:
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: 2020 Ultimate SupporterMicrobadge: 2020 Herculean Supporter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
new user
Yeah, no I don't make any money or have any advertising on the site. It's more a blog/passion project. I figured more on the level of when Alan Kwan recommends his rules set and posts a link of his official site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls