Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on some BGG reviews, I ended up purchasing Puerto Rico, and am quite happy with it. I also had the wonderful experience of reading jim and alex's excellent strategic insights, as well as shockwavexpow's thoughtful questions and their answers.
I just made an account today, so I thought I'd thank all of you for your postings. Thanks.
On a side note, what other games do you guys recommend? Or is there a better place to ask this question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Richert
United States
Springboro
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Thanks to BGG users
It all depends. All of us have different tastes in games. My suggestion is find some games you like and see if there are some other players that also rate it highly (under personal comments). Sometimes you can pick out people who have similar tastes to you, and you can play other games they rate highly.

Or you can check out the top 50 list and pick and choose from there. Each method has its pros and cons, and each purchase should be carefully thought out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
SevenSpirits (#45942),

You'll probably get more responses by putting up a GeekJournal or Geeklist. Those of us who see this can help you though. What did you like most about Puerto Rico?

Off the top of my head, games in the same general "weight class" include:

Tigris & Euphrates
Princes of Florence
Amun-Re
Age of Steam
Taj Mahal

You can do research on them at their individual game pages. Tigris you can try here on BGG! Just click the Game Manager on the menu on the left.

Happy gaming, and welcome to the BGG community! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
SevenSpirits wrote:
is there a better place to ask this question?

For general discussion, Spielfrieks or rec.games.board are best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will look around a bit and see what I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corran Horn
United States
Chevy Chase
Maryland
flag msg tools
SevenSpirits (#45942),
Citadels is another good role-selecting game-but shares few other similarities. If you like the role-coosing aspect, then take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.