Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Comfort
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember kind of hating Othello as a kid. When my sister Pam was 10 and I was 9, she would regularly trounce me at it. Of course, I had a convenient excuse. She was older than me. We haven’t played in years and years. During that time, we both got married, and we now have three kids between us. Lots of stuff has changed, but Othello is still in print so we finally revisited it now that she is 36 and I am 35. Pathetically for me, nothing has actually changed with regards to this game. She quickly got me on my back foot where it seemed that no matter what I did, she could outflank me and flip all the pieces back and then some. She got to the edges first, and she got to the corners first. I had a doomed feeling for at least the entire second half of the game. I had no chance, which is exactly how I remember Othello. By the time the game ended, Pam had the flawless victory of having the entire outer rim of 28 squares under her control. As Pam’s memory goes, I quickly refused to play with her when we were kids. I would never refuse any game now, but ouch, I think I need some Othello tips.

She is still older than me, by the way. laugh

Final Score:
Pam 48
Tim 16

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.