Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Teplin
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When someone plays the Timewarp card that passes all players' hands to the left, doesn't that penalize players who have patched a lot of ripples? In other words, if I only have 4 cards in my hand, and the player to my right has 9 (1 away from winning), and someone plays that Timewarp, do I get all 9 of his cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Question on Timewarp card that passes hands to the left
fteplin (#46250),

Yes, everyone passes their entire hand. It stinks, and I wish this card hadn't been included in the game. I've heard that some people toss it out before play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Crider
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fteplin (#46250),

I dislike the card as well. However, when we play we don't simply discard it. Instead, we change the text to read "pass half of your cards rounding down to the player to your left". This allows the card to thwart someone who is about to win due to patching the timeline rather than to hand the victory to someone else. The net effect is usually to balance the number of cards each person is holding. It's still a powerful card, but not nearly so "broken".

Cheers, Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Crawford
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fteplin (#46250),

I'm a little surprised at how strong you all feel.
I think the card is fine, I played last night and the cards rotated all the way around (3 players). Of course they were a bit different by then, but still some of the same.

We don't do any saving of cards, as things change too rapidly. Getting a 10 card win is very unlikely for us, as we like to discard two cards to draw another - this way we cycle through them faster.

I would have thought that "Your parents never met" was worse than "Discontinunity".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
julien_crawford wrote:

We don't do any saving of cards, as things change too rapidly. Getting a 10 card win is very unlikely for us, as we like to discard two cards to draw another - this way we cycle through them faster.

You do realize that when you discard 2, you also draw 2? So you should never decrease in hand size when you play your turn (aside from swapping hands).
The exact procedure is:

+1 Draw one card (you ALWAYS draw first before you play OR discard)
-1 Discard one card
(right now you have same number of cards you started with)
-1 Discard a second card if you wish
+1 Draw a second card
(note that you STILL have same number of cards you started with, you can confirm this by adding the numbers above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.