Popular Tags: [View All]
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

If a player mistakenly places more Special Orders than allowed by the R&D module, what will happen?

1. Count it as an unresolved order and the active player draw one event cards instead; or,
2. He acts nothing at all as a penalty?

I believe it would be (1). Is it?

Thanks,
Star

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludvig Bowallius
Sweden
Stockholm
Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... Since he COULD have placed an unusable order instead this seems like a fair reaction, altough the player's fate would vary from group to group... A less forgiving sauron group might have gone for option 2 or maybe something even worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on how harsh you want to be. If a player did it once, I'd let them draw an event card. If it kept happening in some ploy to gain an advantage, I'd let the zerglings eat them. That's option (3), for those that're counting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EMELT
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the person has allready used as many special order tokens as he has research modules, you might also let them use it just as a regular token and either do the non special actions associated with the order or take the event card draw.

Definately something to take up with your group if it happens frequently though and decide something so that everyone knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd probably go with Mark's solution - just treat it as a normal action. However, if it consistently became a problem, then I'd probably go with the "cannot resolve" option, and force an action card draw.

And if it really became a BIG problem, you may consider whether you want to continue playing with that person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dariusz Duch
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have to cheat. I can plan use special order afret I build a module in previous round. So, I put a buid order on my planet, and special mobilize order on adjacent planet, to attack my opponent. Bu, if I'am for example obstructed to execute my biuld first I have to execute mobilize order first.

We decided, that player in such a situation, draws an event card. In other way (according to Scott sugestion) I can use all my special orders and in execution phase decide which one will be the gold one. It is not fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're actually not allowed to place a special order if you don't have the expansion module at the beginning of the full turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris is correct. On page 13 it says "A player may not place a special order unless he has built the prerequisite module on his Faction Sheet".

Thus, you must have the module at the time you place your tokens, and cannot "plan for it" during the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dariusz Duch
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Accidentally I found my big mistake. Thx.
But now I have to remember what was built in every round. When round takes long with six players, it could be hard to verify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duch wrote:
Accidentally I found my big mistake. Thx.
But now I have to remember what was built in every round. When round takes long with six players, it could be hard to verify.

Since modules are on the faction sheet, checking how many Research Modules each player has should be easy (and you could always ask; only the most unsportsmanlike of players would refuse to answer a question that could be verified simply by looking).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dariusz Duch
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, that when executing third or fourth, order I don't really remember if someone built Research Module in this or previous round. I think my friends don't cheat, but they still can make a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duch wrote:
I mean, that when executing third or fourth, order I don't really remember if someone built Research Module in this or previous round. I think my friends don't cheat, but they still can make a mistake.

You could always place the module with the cost side up when you buy them and then flip them over during the end of turn phase (forget what it is called at the moment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.