Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Dubbs
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bailed out of a Medici game (just before it started) to play Ticket to Ride instead. The players were Joel, JC, Ron and myself. We quickly re-explained the rules and off we went.

This game saw a lot of track building in the east, and a lot of tickets being drawn. The competition for New York was fierce. I had to mix in there too since I had a Seattle-New York ticket.

Most of the players hadn't played much, and they missed the explanation of the rule on when the game ends. Unfortunately, this messed up the end of the game, as two players thought they had one more turn than they actually did. Since there was all that ticket drawing, and this bit of confusion, everyone was holding a lot of trains still when the game ended. I ended up being the winner with two completed tickets, a lot of track points and longest road. Joel needed to play one piece of track to connect a lot of points up. Oops.

I think everyone had fun, and we'll certainly all know the end conditions better next time. I'll definitely reinforce the point when explaining the rules next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Yoder
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
To be fair, it might not have changed the outcome if I had known the rules correctly. I spent the last three or four turns building track and it was sometime during those turns that I noticed you were getting low on trains. It was just disappointing to think that I was going to have just enough time to finish, and then to be told that I would lose horribly instead.

That'll teach me to accept an absent minded "uh huh" when I ask for a rule clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.