United States
Pine Grove Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I love Games
badge
I like playing games
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first half game tonight (an attempt to iron out rules as reading does not mean understanding until one actually playes)

One thing that came up.

We had a skirmish with 3 zerglings and a queen attacking a ghost and marine.

Battle lined up, 2 'lings vs marine and 1 ghost vs a ling and queen

We matched up cards. Zerg had a reinforcement card that added plus 1 to the attack with 2 'lings I dont recall the ghost having a reinforcement card, but whatever.

Lets focus on the 2 ling vs marine. The zerg were attack 4 +1(Reinforcement card) +1 (support from other ling) Health was 5.

Marine had attack 6 and health 5 (or something like this)

The front line units on both side died. (marine 6 killed zerg 5 health, zerg 6 (4 plus modifiers) up against 5 on the marine). At least a zergling and the marine pop.

What happens with the supporting zergling? Do they survive the battle, or are they "joined" to that side, so if the frontline unit dies, so does the supporting unit.

The other skirmish, same thing happened, except the queen "survived"

We played it with attacker having advantage (thus the support unit was not destroyed and took control of the area), but didnt seem right that putting a potentially weak dude on front line means that even if you kill it the support gets to hang around and thus "win". It seems that if you support a ling with an ultralisk or something then there should be a consequence for putting a ling out on the front line.

I looked and looked in the rules which didnt seem to clerify.

Sorry this message is so disjointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Supporting units don't die unless the front-line unit (or a card played) has Splash Damage.

Think of it as the two 'lings rushing up to fight the marine and ghost, while the queen and the other supporting zergling did extra damage/effects. The ghost and the marine had enough time to kill 2, but not all 4 before they died.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EMELT
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case of the attacker, perhaps the best combat cards they had were for zerglings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.