Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, guys, I am trying to make sense of this game and I have some questions that will let me pass the first turn.

1) What happens if in the first turn a player can only place 1 room with just 1 weak monster there so that when the other player attacks he kills the monster finishing the game on the first round ? Is this possible ?

2) What happens when both the hero and the monster hit each other ? Do they kill each other ? Does any of them attacks first ? If they are on a room is that room discarded ?

3) I still do not get the concept of the rooms. A room is the card that has the corridor in it or a component of 6 corridors maximum makes a room ? How many rooms can a player have ?

4) What happens when you place a big monster in a corridor and later you have only 1 corridor left, does that monster flee ? Example: I place a monster that needs 3 doors in 1 corridor (sorry about my use of the words but I am trying to be graphical since I still do not know the concept of the rooms that is the previous question), later I lose 2 of my corridors and there is only the one the monster is in, but supposely that corridor cannot hold a monster that big anymore, do I discard it ?

Thanks a lot guys, I do not know if the problem is the translation or simply huge flaws on the design. I hope somebody has figure these out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Slowiak
United States
New Lenox
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willdesigns wrote:
Hi, guys, I am trying to make sense of this game and I have some questions that will let me pass the first turn.

Howdees, I'll try to answer based on what I remember.

willdesigns wrote:
1) What happens if in the first turn a player can only place 1 room with just 1 weak monster there so that when the other player attacks he kills the monster finishing the game on the first round ? Is this possible ?

The game doesn't end when there are rooms. It ends when on your turn you have no rooms and none to play.(You can also win by killing your opponent's party)

willdesigns wrote:
2) What happens when both the hero and the monster hit each other ? Do they kill each other ? Does any of them attacks first ? If they are on a room is that room discarded ?

You need to compare the attack of the hero(or party) to the monster's defense and kill a number of heroes equal to the difference. For ex 4 attack compared to 3 defense = 1 hero dead. You also do the same in comparing the monster's attack to the hero's(or party's) defense and do the same thing. This happens simultaneously(I think I spelled that right). So both the monster and hero(or heroes) may die at the same time.

willdesigns wrote:
3) I still do not get the concept of the rooms. A room is the card that has the corridor in it or a component of 6 corridors maximum makes a room ? How many rooms can a player have ?

A room is either a card from the event deck which is a specific size or you make a room by playing the room cards from your hand by combining them together. However once you add a monster to a room you cannot add more rooms to it making it's size bigger. I'll have to take a look at my rulebook later, but I believe it is 4 rooms max, and each room can be no larger than 6 in size.

willdesigns wrote:
4) What happens when you place a big monster in a corridor and later you have only 1 corridor left, does that monster flee ? Example: I place a monster that needs 3 doors in 1 corridor (sorry about my use of the words but I am trying to be graphical since I still do not know the concept of the rooms that is the previous question), later I lose 2 of my corridors and there is only the one the monster is in, but supposely that corridor cannot hold a monster that big anymore, do I discard it ?

Hopefully my above answer helps make some sense out of room sizes. One thing to note is that without specific event cards coming up you cannot place a monster into a room smaller than it's size. So a monster with a size of 4 cannot go into a room with only 2 cards(I think you are calling these corridors)

willdesigns wrote:
Thanks a lot guys, I do not know if the problem is the translation or simply huge flaws on the design. I hope somebody has figure these out.

I hope this helps. I really enjoy the game for what it is. Light in nature, artwork I enjoy, and a theme I like. The rulebook has some definite translation issues, but once you get passed those it's a fun little game my group enjoys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, thank you very much for the tips. Definitely I understand more the game now. I wanted to like this game from the beginning since I love the artwork and theme but couldn't figure things out from the rules no matter it I looked at them forward or backwards.

I really appreciate your explanations. Surely now I will be able to introduce this game to my gamegroup.

Take care,

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.