Jason White
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://media.libsyn.com/media/point2point/Point_2_Point_28.m...

In this supersized (the biggest yet!) episode, Jason and Scott answer some feedback, talk about their recent games, and review Battleground: Fantasy Warfare, the card/miniatures game. Jason interviews Adam Starkweather, the man behind the International Game Series from MMP, and discusses what goes into an IGS game, the history of IGS, and where IGS is going. They also talk about the much anticipated The Devil's Cauldron. Moritz asks us to think about what in historical games is really "fantasy," and this sparks Jason and Scott to talk about historicity in games in general.

With all this is there time for a new gamer rule? You bet!

Time Stamps for Episode 28:

Intro – 0:25

Feedback – 1:29

Gaming Updates – 9:21

Adam Starkweather – 24:23

Review of Battleground: Fantasy Warfare - 1:21:58

Moritz on “Fantasy in Wargaming” - 1:58:27

Response to Moritz, Gamer Rule, and new poll – 2:05:02

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Spellman
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished all 27 episodes over the past few weeks. Jonesing for a new episode. Keep them coming!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting a direct link to the mp3. It makes it a lot more convenient and easier to download. Keep up the good work. There are a lot more wargamers out there than most people suspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news...a supersized episode just as I load up on podcasts for a cross-country drive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been listening for a while, but am not quite caught up (got to ep. 19 before my mp3 player died on me). I hope to get to listen to the rest on my next long trip. Great stuff!

Clark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kim
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
especially enjoyed the Adam Starkweather interview
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.