Subject: The godess of magic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Davis
Australia
Forst Lake
QLD
flag msg tools
I know the godess' in godstorm controll fait. But my question is, how much control does she have over the dice?
The labor of the godess is to roll 3 of the same number, not an easy task by itself, but if you use the godess you get to reroll all ones. can any body work out the probability of rolling triples in the following circumstances.

1)A normal roll of 3 dice
2)Rolling 3 dice plus re-roll ones (godess of magic)
3)rolling 4 dice (godswar with god of sky)
4)rolling 4 dice (godswar with god of sky) and re-rolling ones (godess of magic)
5)rolling 5 dice (godswar with god of sky + one alter)
6)rolling 5 dice (godswar with god of sky + one alter) and re-rolling ones (godess of magic)
7)rolling 6 dice (godswar with god of sky + two alters)
8)rolling 6 dice (godswar with god of sky + two alters) and re-rolling ones (godess of magic)

I think they are all the differnet combos of dice you can have (apart from rolling two dice in defence but i think it would be pretty hard to get triplets in that situation) so if there are any maths whiz' around could you maybe try and post the answers to these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Trygve Myhrer
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:The godess of magic
I have used excel to simulate what the results are. This is not exactly what the probabilities are but what I got when using excels random function. To do that would take to much time except for the simplest ones.

I'm not sore how the re-roll will work or what happens if you got 3 ones, so the probabilities with re-roll might be higher because I simulated it like it had to have results 2 – 6. There also a possibility to get two times 3 identical results, and that is only counted as one.

Here are my results
1 - 2.5 %
2 - 4 %
3 - 10 %
4 - 12 %
5 - 21 %
6 - 28 %
7 - 37 %
8 - 47 %

I hope this will help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Van Prooyen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I had been wondering that too. Here are the exact percentages of triples on a single roll under those different scenarios:

1- 2.78%
2- 4.00%
3- 9.72%
4- 13.60%
5- 21.30%
6- 28.96%
7- 36.73%
8- 48.16%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Crawford
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You guys rock!

I have a follow-on question.
If you have rolling 6 dice (as in scenario 8), what
are the chances of rolling two sets of three of a kind?
And do I get two cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Trygve Myhrer
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that it would be the results from scenario 2 squared. So 2 was 4% gives 0.16% The cards I don't know about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Trygve Myhrer
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After thinking more about it I don't think what I siad in my last post is correct. It's somewhat higher than that, but I have not calculated it. But the propbaility is not big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules A
Australia
flag msg tools
julien_crawford wrote:
I have a follow-on question.
If you have rolling 6 dice (as in scenario 8), what
are the chances of rolling two sets of three of a kind?
And do I get two cards?

You only get 1 card...the second 3-of-a-kind doesn't count.
Similarly you only get 1 sky card, even if you kill 4 Gods in 1 turn, 1 war card no matter how many territories you conquer, and 1 death card if you occupy multiple crypts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.