Subject: Comments and thoughts about the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sune Radich Vestergaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the game twice, both times with the basic rules. The second time we thought it could be fun to try the middle difficulty, but we immidiately came acros alot of questions.

How do you buy influence characters? Do you pick one random, or can you chose the one you want? And if you get to chose, why dont you get to chose your capo's the same way? If they are random, and you get one you cant afford, what happens then?

How do you place all the cards you eventually get? A capo controls the influence chars, and they then control your businesses. With 3-4 capo's that is bound to get messy on the table.

The yellow building markers, what are they for? We sort of guessed they were for the manhatten section, but they are not mentioned at all in the rules. And how do you note what districts are controled by what player?

These questions are only what we came up with when we started setting up the gameboard after one game by basic rules.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re:Comments and thoughts about the game
Sykokaj (#46783),

Check out www.mediamobsters.com, they used to have a page for the game and a FAQ for the game some time ago.

Best regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Don part of the webpage has been offline for a very long time, and Mediamobsters don't respond to e-mails :-(

It seems like Mediamobsters are to busy with their computergame.

Bad service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sune Radich Vestergaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen (#65221),

We e-mailed them aswell. Didnt get an answer, so my friend called them. He was told they would check up on why no one had replied to the mails, and that they would get back to him asap.

AFAIK they never did. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rasmussen
Denmark
Svendborg
Svendborg
flag msg tools
I have played Don advanced rules about 6 times. Every time it was really frustrating, because of the many questions we all got.

A way to sort out the problem of who is controlling a specific area on the board: You can only be in control of an area if you have at least one soldier in that area. And if you move soldiers from an area leaving it empty, then you do not control that area any longer. Problem solved! Put red houses on areas that are running a business and yellow ones on the runned business on Manhattan.

The biggest problem when I have been playing is whether you may only buy One influence dollar during your turn or you may buy as many as you like. The Danish rules are a bit unclear about this matter. Also the rules concerning combat are a bit murky. Try to come to an agreement on how to deal with combat befor you start playing!!! I've wasted so much energy on discussing combat during a game.

Best thing to do is to sit down for a long time discuss the rules and make your own. Only problem is that me and those I have been playing with are so fed up with the game that we really do not bother investing more energy in the game. It is really a shame that the rules are badly written, because the game is filled with lots of good stuff and has potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Andersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
This could have been a really good game but the rules are simply so confusing and contradicting that is is close to impossiable to play the game without a lot of houseruling before starting on a session.
I really like the way you have tese two types of gameplay in this game; the influence-gameplay and the wargame-gameplay. Don is like the bastard child of Risk and monypoly but something went terribly wrong at the birth :-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.