Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a feeling I'd get a some negative comments. LOL. Let's just say I'm surprised at how many people are content on spending extra money on a game that should be half the price or less here. I wish I had that kind of money to throw around! That leads me to the narcissistic comment. That was a good one! Obviously you and others that agreed with him, didn't understand what I was getting at. I was just trying to state that it wasn't a good idea to make it difficult or expensive for EVERYONE to get the game! Not just me! Jeez, now that was funny! Also, for the guys who made the comments about OCD. If wanting to complete a series of games or have all the available expansions makes me OCD? Oh well! Then I fit right in! From what I can tell, BGG is LOADED with OCD people! So you don't have the desire to have the games that make you happy also? So why shouldn't the games be available worldwide? No one has a good answer for anything I said. Instead, some users have to poke fun and ridicule other users who don't act like a sheep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm...WHAT?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Settle down, Tweak. Have some more coffee.

OK, just kidding. Could you provide a frame of reference for those of us who have no idea what you're referencing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who didn't read my first post, sorry for the confusion. It's been locked out. I must have upset someone. Ooops!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/239606

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused - it is capitalism you have an issue with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JackCrap66 wrote:
For those who didn't read my first post, sorry for the confusion. It's been locked out. I must have upset someone. Ooops!

It's locked you say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jdludlow wrote:
JackCrap66 wrote:

It's locked you say?

No, it certainly isn't locked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, ok! I must admit my first post was a bit over the top and dramatic, BUT! I meant well and only wanted to voice my opinion of something I believed was not fair to fans of TtR ( or any other game for that matter ). I did not expect so many people that don't mind paying the extra money. Oh well...I was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was when I tried to reply about 30 minutes ago. Hmmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
was once a plant in a fruit plot
mbmbmbmbmb
- If you want the game just order it through those sources.
- There are reasons companies do not release stuff. Profit Margin is the biggest.
- That is why there is so much niche stuff in certain arenas (like manga and anime) that is only available in a country (Japan, for instance) where they would get many of the references.
- I am certain that there will be dealers at cons who will have a few of these niche maps and games. So go to them.
- Or order it from a dealer in one of the other countries.
- Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
But Scott you only rate Ticket to Ride and expansions "8."

I can't even imagine the tantrum if DoW decided to have a German or France only expansion to Memoir '44... you might explode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ian for saying something positive! LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no shortage of comedians in here! LOL! Yeah, I'd be a bit upset about the Memoir '44 stuff . A "tantrum", naw! But I would have something to say and so would others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, if you want something that bad, spend the money.

If not, then don't.

Wasting multiple threads whining and looking for support while stamping your feet certainly won't help.

Had any of this been presented reasonably, maybe you would find support.

A child who says "Daddy, I know its late, but can I have just a half glass of water" may get consideration. One who says "You didn't give me water! You hate me and I'm telling mommy!" well, that respect just won't materialize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri-Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Whining" huh? The problem most of the guys who have read my comments interpret it their way and not the underlying purpose of my words. All of this has been blown way out of proportion ( not surprising ). Actually Paul, you are right about one thing. I shouldn't have blown up over something that only a bit more money could solve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what your gripe is, nor am I interested, and I don't know anything about your thread being locked or appearing to be locked, even temporarily. All I will say is that, for your future reference, if you do ever find a thread to be locked, that is NOT an invitation to start a new thread on the topic.

Just sayin'.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osiris Ra wrote:
Just end this or I swear I will fly to your homes and be forced to share large parts of my Zoloft collection with your intestines. It works wonders.

I'm in. Another gaming partner is always welcome, and if you can, bring your copy of Colosseum with you too.

EDIT: I *swear* Osiris' post was there a second ago... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike David
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:

Scott doesn't have a problem with capitalism, he has a problem with game companies that don't seem to want to give back to the fans that made games like Ticket to Ride so popular HERE in this country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike David
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know I just feel that it needs to be said that I have seen many forum threads here on BGG in the past where dedicated gamers have blasted game companies for making what is perceived as a bad decision that is disloyal to the fans. I believe that is all that Scott was trying to say in his original post, and maybe since alot of BGGers are such dedicated fans, he hoped that some of you would have similar feelings about the subject and would would want to speak up about Days of Wonder. We would all hope that if enough people felt strongly about what Days of Wonder has done that the company would listen and not make this a common practice, especially not now that they have so many great products out, we don't want to miss out on any portion of those products. Despite what the majority of posters to this thread think, Scott was not just griping or whining, I feel he was trying to drum up other Ticket to Ride fans to speak up and share their feelings about the subject, instead it degenerated into a silly flame war. I hope at this point that all posting will cease unless it is about the subject that Scott really wanted to address, the limited release of Nordic Countries!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Collins
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magius74 wrote:
I hope at this point that all posting will cease unless it is about the subject that Scott really wanted to address, the limited release of Nordic Countries!

I Second that vote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Olivier Desbiens
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'm on your side on this one Scott!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teppo Saarinen
Finland
Piikkiö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to see "Ticket to Ride: British Rail". Sold only to HM Loyal Subjects, of course. Well maybe to the Commonwealth also, if they whine enough. (Imagines masses of Americans crossing to Canada to buy at the black market of the limited supply there)

Seriously, if you want to do something about it, complain to DoW, not to BGG. If tomorrow a million Americans write to DoW demanding Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries to be published there, while another million walk into their FLGS and demand that they stock it, I'm pretty sure something will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mollusk
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"If you think that by threatening me you can get me to do what you want... Well, that's where you're right. But - and I am only saying that because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing."

- Chris Knight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Street
United States
Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Currently very likely to either be roleplaying or planning to roleplay
mbmbmbmbmb
magius74 wrote:
Throknor wrote:

Scott doesn't have a problem with capitalism, he has a problem with game companies that don't seem to want to give back to the fans that made games like Ticket to Ride so popular HERE in this country.

Just for clarification, you mean that French company whose game is popular pretty darned near everywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.