Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The next day I get family visiting again. I tend to want to play different games all the time, but my father-in-law in his wise normal wise manner pointed out that I then tend to read rules more often than I *play* the game. So when mom, grandma (today the paternal grandma), and dad came over I took out modern art again since at least mom an my wife had played it. With some coercion I managed to rope my dad into playing. My mother-in-law and grandma opted to watch rather than play but (and this is why games are great) we all still sat at the same table.

My wife again played a very aggressive open auction game. As a life study this is a good example of how some people have sales skills and other...well...just don't. She was able to pull most of her income from sales. In fact on one round, I believe it was the second, she secured not a single piece.

Mom again tended to overbid a little. She caught herself more often this time and I get the sneeking suspicion that she was trying to lure my dad into overbidding. However, her aggressive bidding did leader her into a position where she was almost constantly holding the largest collections.

Dad...well...Modern Art is hard to play while your watching TV. He didn't do so well. Though he did catch on fairly quickly to the expected values concept. Will have to work harder to keep his attention next time. Grrr...

Final placings where
Wife (three times in a row now), Mom, Me, Dad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.