Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-Man Games is happy to (finally) announce that we will publishing AGRICOLA for 2008. However, due to the printing challenges of such a component-heavy game and the poor US dollar we are going to use a preorder system to help determine when the game is ready to go to print.

In order for the game to be published, we are looking for 750 preorders. The sooner we reach that goal the sooner the game will be printed (if we can get 750 preorders by the end of December, the game can be seen as early as April).

The preorder price for AGRICOLA is $60 plus shipping ($15 for US customers, $25 for Canadian customers and $33 for everyone else). The regular (MSRP) price of the game will be $70. As an added incentive, any preordered games will come with a special 24-card promo deck containing new Minor Improvement and Occupation cards to be used with the game. These cards might be available in a future expansion, at cons, and/or through retailers, but for sure you will get this special item free if you preorder the game.

To preorder AGRICOLA you need to email me your credit card info to sales AT zmangames DOT com with "AGRICOLA PREORDER" in the subject header. We will not charge your card until the files go to the printer: your preorder gives us permission to charge your card at that time.

If you do not have a credit card or are really eager to show your support of this production, you may send a paypal payment to sales AT zmangames DOT com (and mention "AGRICOLA PREORDER"). If production has not started by April, we will refund your money.

I will do weekly status reports on the numbers of preorders.

Note: At anytime we may announce the closing of the preorder window.

Hopefully I left nothing out - email me if you have questions.

We are excited to offer the opportunity to bring you this game and hope you understand the situation requiring this method of decision to publish the game.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Zev! I'm sure you've made many a geek happy with this news. Good luck on your quest for 750.

FYI: For any Canadian readers: $85 USD = approx. $81.97 CDN using yesterday's rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I am excited to see an english version of this game.

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Lloyd
United Kingdom
Holmes Chapel
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news Zev although the shipping cost outside North America might put some off. Might there be some way to reduce this if you got a group order? You're likely to have a lot of interest from the UK I would expect.

Garry
http://www.trickylight.co.uk ; http://www.spiel.co.uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a secure way to email you our credit card info? I'm a little hesitant to send my card number through regular email. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev, you rock!! But I must caution my fellow geeks:

DO NOT EMAIL YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!! Its extremely unsafe. Use Paypal.

Zev, is there some other way to get you money if people don't have PayPal? Maybe you can provide a mailing address where people can send checks/Money orders? Or even just snail-mail you a credit card number? Any of those ways are much safer than emailing a CC number. Sorry to be a PITA, that's just the way it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Excellent news! I do not preorder games as a rule, but I'll make an exception for this.

However, I think a lot of people will agree with Matt Buckingham and want a secure way to submit credit card information. If you can figure out a way to do this soon, you can likely avoid lots of questions about it.

I also expect that a fair number of people will be interested in group shipping, and not just outside the US. I would be, for example - I expect that among people I game with regularly there will be 3-4 copies ordered, so if it could be arranged to ship them together for less than $15 per copy, that would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Zev, you rock!! But I must caution my fellow geeks:

DO NOT EMAIL YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!! Its extremely unsafe. Use Paypal.

Zev, is there some other way to get you money if people don't have PayPal? Maybe you can provide a mailing address where people can send checks/Money orders? Or even just snail-mail you a credit card number? Any of those ways are much safer than emailing a CC number. Sorry to be a PITA, that's just the way it is.

***Ok, you can fax your CC details to 8452083503 or yeah, you can send check or MO to Z-Man Games, 6 Alan Drive, Mahopac, NY 10541.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Zev. I will pre-order as soon as I get paid this week!! This is sweet. Super sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman wrote:
... component-heavy game and the poor US dollar. ... The regular (MSRP) price of the game will be $70.

I wonder if it would be less expensive now to have it printed in North America? Taking overseas shipping out of the picture may help as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered w/ PayPal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered me a copy

Not put off by the shipping costs (the dollar being so weak), but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get the dreaded VAT and duty (plus carrier's charges) added when it arrives. Not that Zev can do anything about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good deal to me. I preordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sending my pre-order in now via paypal.

For those asking questions in this thread, i suggest heading over to the Agricola forum, where Zev has answered many more questions and the pre-order thread is about 4 pages long as of my typing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tornspace wrote:
stormseeker75 wrote:
DO NOT EMAIL YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!
How is this unsafe? The number is printed on your card, right there, for everyone to see. So is the expiration date.
If you normally leave your credit card out for everyone to see, then how about posting your credit card number and expiration date right here?

I'm been a developer of network software (from routing and up, including SMTP) and unless you are using end to end encryption, even folks in your own neighborhood have a chance to read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone want to fill us in on the risks of credit card theft? It may be different in New Zealand, but here you are insured against credit card theft of all kinds. With my credit card (which as I said may be different because I am in new zealand) I am not liable for charges incurred if my card or the number is stolen (effectively I am insured against this) and it is up the credit card company to prove it is a legitimate charge (no me). So sure its annoying if it gets stolen, but not the end of the world. Just wondering if it is different, I hear a lot about identity theft in the US, but it seems a lot less of an issue here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Paypal sent ......
....... neeeeeed the game nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ibn_ul_khattab wrote:
Anyone want to fill us in on the risks of credit card theft? It may be different in New Zealand, but here you are insured against credit card theft of all kinds. With my credit card (which as I said may be different because I am in new zealand) I am not liable for charges incurred if my card or the number is stolen (effectively I am insured against this) and it is up the credit card company to prove it is a legitimate charge (no me). So sure its annoying if it gets stolen, but not the end of the world. Just wondering if it is different, I hear a lot about identity theft in the US, but it seems a lot less of an issue here.
What's in your wallet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ibn_ul_khattab wrote:
Anyone want to fill us in on the risks of credit card theft?
You may want to ask your CC company if you are covered even if you are reckless? Ie. like Michael above who apparently leaves his CC out for all to see.

Even if you are covered, it's still a major hassle. Two years ago this coming Feb. I went on a vacation. Used my credit card the 1st day to find it didn't work... called the CC company... someone in Italy (I'm in the US) was using my CC info to try to buy cell phone services or something. I ended up with no credit card for that trip, had to wait til I got home to get a new card with a new number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls