Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since no one else was available for a "quick" game of Brettfussball, i managed to persuade my wife to play with me.

Brettfussball is an interesting soccer boardgame that requires some practice to learn how to best position your players to advance the ball and finally score. And it isn't quick...

So we set a time limit of 1 hour and we kicked off. Nothing of interest happened during the first 10-15 minutes as we both tried to position our players to intercept the ball and advance it to the opponent's half.

My wife moved most of her players in my half, trying to break my tight defense and score. And she was close... Rolling a 6 allowed her to advance the ball to her striker who was positioned just outside my penalty area. My goalkeeper was out of position and my defense failed to steal the ball for four consecutive turns!

Finally i rolled a 3 allowing me to position my goalkeeper into the path of her striker and block the upcoming shot (roll of 5 that could score if my goalkeeper didn't move in time!)

My good positioning allowed me to advance the ball to my attackers rather quickly and panic my wife's defense who were out of position. I managed to advance the ball just 3 squares in front of her goal but i never managed to score! Her defense regrouped and she was able to kick the ball away...

I attacked again but my wife's defense was now in position to steal the ball from my attackers easily and move it towards the midfield were epic battles took place with no one able to advance the ball past the opponent's defense.

I glimpsed at the clock and to our surprise we were playing for almost 2 hours, so we decided to end the match with no winner.

Final score: 0-0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.