Subject: Strategy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenyon Manderson
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
This looks like a great little game and I'm tempted to buy it.

My only question, is there any strategy in this game? or does it all come down to the luck of the draw?

Comments welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Strategy?
Kenyon (#47018),
Well, like any card game, the luck of the draw has a lot to do with it. Is there strategy in Poker? I think so. While I wouldn't compare Munchkin to Poker, there are things you can do to increase your chances of winning. One of the bigger ones, although often overlooked, is whether or not to help other players in battles, either by being an ally or playing cards against them to help the monsters.
And unlike most card games, especially if played with the expansions, card counting won't do you much good and there's no reason to maniplate the speed of going through the deck. Every available card will NOT be used in a game. Some may not show up all night.
I've enjoyed the game enough to get all the expansions and the other games, Star Munchkin and Munchkin Fu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Strategy?
Kenyon (#47018), There is no strategy really. There can be some tactical decisions. Other than just responding to randomness, the main gameplay is near the end when you play mess-with-the-leader until everyone finally runs out of mess-with-the-leader cards.

For myself, two plays of this game was enough to exhaust both its humor and its gaming value. It's not awful, but pretty overpriced for what you get (both in terms of components and gameplay). Some people really like it though. I'd probably play it again if it didn't drag on so long. As it is, something else always sounds like a better investment of my time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.