Panzer Grenadier: Afrika Korps» Forums » General

Subject: Genetically modified Italian mototcyclists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
One of my Italian motorcyclist counters has a cannon mounted on the bike! Is it just me or has anybody else noticed this? Perhaps Monsanto or somebody grafted the ordnance into the skin cells of the poor guys. I've ploughed through my collected histories of the war in the western desert and there's no mention of such a revolutionary weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Haberberger
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a coincidence, I had Afrika Korps out today for a quick play of the Fort Capuzzo scenario. I checked, yeah, that looks like a big cannon on that cycle, but not very effective as it's the same fire power as an MG mounted cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlemen, I present to you...
http://tinyurl.com/2yp29u
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrigo Velicogna
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
here is the real italian thing:

The MG could be used only with stoping the bike, but it was extensively used in North Africa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
You cheat! That's no way the same gun. Where's the mounted howitzer variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I love the way AP give the 'marginal' actors in the war a voice. I find the PG scenarios provide a glimpse at forgotten or supressed histories. (Not a bad comment for 9 am on a wet Monday morning eh?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arrigo Velicogna
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick I tihink that Panzer Grenadier infantry (in brodader acception of the word) and artillery counters are a bit cartonish... but that was the real thing... (tere was even a three weeled version with MG on the back).

Arrigo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Yes, I know what you mean. I have some old copies of The General magazine with pictures of the counters used in...is it Panzer leader? In some ways I prefer the more abstract counters used in those days. They seem more adult. I love PG though and play it more than any other game or series. I have just bought the updated Edelweiss and was a bit disappointed not to see any scenarios with the 5th mountain division on Crete but I now have two whole sets of Mountain troops. I am working on a Sevastopol 1941 scenario using these (a whole three-battalion regiment) with wire and ditch counters from Afrika Korps. No Italian motorbike artillery though I'm afraid!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Thanks Wulf - you have restored my confidence in Avalanche Press. I guess the Italians captured it from the Free French.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Moore
United States
KC area
Missouri
flag msg tools
Less talking about games and more playing games.
badge
Print-n-Play Wargames and Miniatures Rules www.wargamedownloads.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know if Wulf was serious or not, but the ACMA Troupes Aeról Portées Mle. 56 was post WWII.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Azzarc wrote:
I do not know if Wulf was serious or not, but the ACMA Troupes Aeról Portées Mle. 56 was post WWII.

...as far as we know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.