Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Broke out the Ol'Poop Eating Game (as it is commonly referred to) for guys night. Not a huge fan myself
but its fun enough and one of our members had been asking for it for a while.

Rocco starts off and overextends his division so he gains a few points but has no BPs for the next round. Next round, his amoebas all starve and in the following, they, well, pretty much die off. An early mistake (which I wish I had seen coming) puts him out of any contention. I typically caution people against self-inflicted wounds but his decision seemed like a good one at the time?

Hank puts together some good cards, mostly movement. He starts out front and just manages his stuff well and never looks back. Oh, props to a timely purchase of Longer Life Span or whatever its called.

Shaner assembles a sweet combo, frugality and tentacle so he eats less and is pulling cubes around with him. Fantastic! His guys never starve. Very few deaths at all. He plays an extremely tight game and never comes close to overtaking Hank.

Myself? I assembled a mismash of genetic garbage and languish in the middle somewhere. Rocco and I try to hem in the leaders with Struggle for Survival. We had one turn to make a difference and we didn't. Leaders buy defenses and keep on truckin'.

This game is weird. Management is key but there's very little you can actively do to improve your position. At the mercy of the environment and die rolls. Leaders stay in front, laggers stay in back. No major position changes, not much latitude for heroics or clever plays. You can assemble good or timely genes though. An okay game.

Results

Hank: Supreme being
Shane: Respectably evolved organism
Dan: Pond scum
Rocco: Aspires to be pond scum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.