Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Milnes
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused:
Do English nobles that disband go to the draw pool and re-enter the game via the Feudal Levy?
If Edward (I or II) disbands, does he got to the draw pool and re-enter the game via the Feudal Levy?
If the Scottish King or Moray disbands, do they go to the draw pool and re-enter via the Scottish winter builds?

regards

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
English Nobles never disband and consequently are never part of the feudal levy. Note that nobles go home before the disband step. If Edward I or II disbands, they go into the draw pool and possibly re-emerge in the feudal levy. If the scottish king disbands or Moray, they go into the draw pool. Note Moray is the only noble that may disband. Not sure why you would want to disband the king since he is an extremely powerful block.

Note the French Knights block is the only non-noble block that is not allowed to disband.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
Note the French Knights block is the only non-noble block that is not allowed to disband.

I don't think that's true, although the rules are a bit muddy in that regard. (7.62) says "The block remains in play until eliminated in battle", but AFAIK that only means that the Scots don't lose the knights if they control less than 8 nobles.

In this discussion on the Columbia Games forum, Jerry Taylor stated that his intent was that all non-noble blocks (and Moray) could be voluntarily disbanded:

http://www.blockgames.us/viewtopic.php?t=2063

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Dublin 14
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niko Ruf wrote:
voynix wrote:

I don't think that's true, although the rules are a bit muddy in that regard. (7.62) says "The block remains in play until eliminated in battle", but AFAIK that only means that the Scots don't lose the knights if they control less than 8 nobles.

In this discussion on the Columbia Games forum, Jerry Taylor stated that his intent was that all non-noble blocks (and Moray) could be voluntarily disbanded:

http://www.blockgames.us/viewtopic.php?t=2063

I would agree that the French knights may be voluntarily disbanded. It would be noted in the Wintering rules if this was not the case. No other unit can be removed from the game as a result of winter. If you take "The block remains in play until eliminated in battle" to mean that the unit remains on the board, then it would be logical to assume that the unit would have specific wintering rules stated.

From a thematic perspective, once the support of the French is achieved (8 nobles), they remain committed to your cause until the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.