Popular Tags: [View All]
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our first AoS London experience tonight - wow! What a challenging map!

I have a couple of questions about goods replenishment:

1) Suppose I deliver to New City D. Do I take the top cube from the 6/D column or the top cube from the 2x 'D' spots?

2) When replenishing the goods supply (if none left), does the random cube go on the top of the column automatically, or anywhere in that column of the player's choosing?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
rockusultimus wrote:
We had our first AoS London experience tonight - wow! What a challenging map!

Cool! I'm glad you enjoyed it. How many players did you have? It is a very different experience with 3 vs 4 players.

Quote:
1) Suppose I deliver to New City D. Do I take the top cube from the 6/D column or the top cube from the 2x 'D' spots?

When delivering to New City D (say from one of the towns that starts with a cube), then take the top cube from the chart for New City D, not the top cube for White City #6. Yeah, that's the small chart with only two rows (if that's what you mean by 2x).

Quote:
2) When replenishing the goods supply (if none left), does the random cube go on the top of the column automatically, or anywhere in that column of the player's choosing?

It doesn't matter. Once there is a cube in the column it must be produced if that city is chosen for production after a delivery. Once there's a cube in the column there's no ability to randomly draw a new cube for that column until it has been produced to the map by a delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
How many players did you have?

We played with 4. Even though there are a lot of goods, you really have to watch how much track you lay. I almost went bankrupt.

clearclaw wrote:
When delivering to New City D (say from one of the towns that starts with a cube), then take the top cube from the chart for New City D, not the top cube for White City #6. Yeah, that's the small chart with only two rows (if that's what you mean by 2x).

That is what I meant. But we played the whole column for both # city and new city taking the top-most cube. Ooops.

clearclaw wrote:
It doesn't matter. Once there is a cube in the column it must be produced if that city is chosen for production after a delivery.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

I've had this set for a long time (6 months + ??) and we finally got it to the table. All four of us really enjoyed. Great job. Thanks a lot!!

-Costas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
rockusultimus wrote:
clearclaw wrote:
How many players did you have?

We played with 4. Even though there are a lot of goods, you really have to watch how much track you lay. I almost went bankrupt.

Yeah, be careful and splurge on track drives only when you really need to. I've seen more than one 5 tile track build that left me head-shaking in admiration.

Quote:
clearclaw wrote:

That is what I meant. But we played the whole column for both # city and new city taking the top-most cube. Ooops.

Yeah, that will make Urbanisation more valuable than i intended; New Cities will produce more goods and generally have a longer viable life. One of the reasons for requiring track on the towns that are urbanised is to devalue Urbanisation.

Quote:
I've had this set for a long time (6 months + ??) and we finally got it to the table. All four of us really enjoyed. Great job. Thanks a lot!!

You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.