Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olivier REIX
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Is there any point in continuing a 2 player game if one of the player becomes a slave early ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Being a slave can actually be a good thing. You get 'free' advances, and are protected from a lot of nasty stuff. Your playing may not be so exciting for a time, but woe to the slaver when you eventually break free! I have not had it happen in a two-player game, but in a 3 or 4 player game, we've actually had the slave victim end up winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier REIX
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is : if there is only 1 player enjoying himself, is there a point in not stoping, you see ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
I appreciate the problem. Yes, a bit of a tough one: if the second player willing to wait it out, he/she may shine later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a player in a 2-player game who was enslaved, and discouraged and ready to quit. She broke out of slavery with a barbarian raid, but was re-enslaved two turns later. She staged another slave revolt and this time escaped to the New World. She discovered oil in Venezuela, and pulled ahead. She did not win the game, but the game was close and she was happy she perservered.

However, that being said, it is tough in a two player game for the enslaved to get ahead. Especially the lack of trading partners hurts the underdog badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.