Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Collins
Australia
Melbourne
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct that if the influence struggle ends with no winner then the holder of the balance token wins?

eg
Influence Struggle ends and we both happen to have cards that are all economic, therefore the bias on the objective will not decide the winner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way for a tie unless both players cause civil disorder, which then it's lost. Only one of you has the highest economic card which is like 6 or whatever it happended to be. Keep in mind you only take the highest card to determine who won the tie breaker not the total of the economic cards, but who has the highest single card. For example:

Player A: has the 4 and 5 of economic
Player B: has the 6 of economic.
If both players were tied without going over, then Player B would win since he has the highest economic card, it doesn't matter that player A total of the 2 cards is 9. Player B won because 6>5.
Make sense?

added to edit to answer another question OP had.
The Balance token far as I can tell only is to determine who starts the round. The player who has the Balance token gets to decide if he/she starts or his/her opponent. It's not always the most useful. The only way I can see it being useful is if you did the analysist the turn before and then you look at top 3 cards and manipulate them in a way that your opponent would go over by having him/her go first. For Example:
Let's say the limit of the objective is 5, and you look at top 3 cards and they are 5,4,6. You could arrange it to be 4,5,6 then have your opponent draw first. He draws the 4 then you the 5 and he of course has to pull which is 6. He is at 10 well over and you are at a perfect 5. Not exactly a true world simulation, but hopefully the point is made.

Edit:
Actually I think I just realized there is no Objective with 5 limit. But I'm not about to re edit the paragraph, so you just have to use it as a unrealistic example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Collins
Australia
Melbourne
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense now thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both players could pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Both players could pass.

Explain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chessduffer wrote:
ekted wrote:
Both players could pass.

Explain?

The condition is not explained in the rules, but if both players pass without playing any cards, then the objective must be discarded (seems to be the only fair way to do it). This might happen if both players chose the Master Spy with a 1 Population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A player can't pass if he has no group cards in front of him. Here's the exact line from page 7...

Quote:
A player who has no group cards in front of him must always choose the "recruit a group" option. He may neither activate a group (obviously) nor pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Januar
Indonesia
JAKARTA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chessduffer wrote:
There is no way for a tie unless both players cause civil disorder, which then it's lost.

I already read this twice at manual book, how can both player trigger civil disorder? since in the rule they said if 1 player already exceed stability number then civil disorder is trigger and opponent directly win the objective, so in what kind of situation both player trigger civil disorder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mariojanuar wrote:
chessduffer wrote:
There is no way for a tie unless both players cause civil disorder, which then it's lost.

I already read this twice at manual book, how can both player trigger civil disorder? since in the rule they said if 1 player already exceed stability number then civil disorder is trigger and opponent directly win the objective, so in what kind of situation both player trigger civil disorder?

You can continue playing cards if you go over. Civil Disorder is only evaluated after both players pass. So they can both be over at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.