Imperial» Forums » Rules

Subject: Investment problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Mazenq
France
Tokyo (yes, it's not in France, I know)
flag msg tools
I just bought Imperial am I am quite confused with the Investor action (space on the rondel) - it may be because English is not my first language or just because I should sleep more and drink less but, anyway, after 3 readings I still don't get it...

> the player who got 2 millions from the bank may invest in "any nation" : does this mean in only one specific nation or in any number of nations, 1 million here, 3 millions there...?

> this turn ends with "the Investor Card moves clockwise to the next player" : does this mean that the next player then gets 2 millions and can invest too during the very same turn ...or that he will do so only next time somebody select the "Investor" turn on the rondel ?

Help !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player with the investor card gets $2 Mil. from the bank and may buy a bond or upgrade a bond in any country. You may not buy or upgrade more than one bond during the Investor phase.

The Investor card is passed to the next player on the left -- he will get $ 2 Mil. and a chance to buy the next time a move on the rondel by any nation triggers the Investor action.

Note, this describes only step 2 of the action, which occurs any time a nation's marker on the rondel passes through or lands on investor. Similarly, step 3 of the action, which occurs any time a nation's marker passes or lands on Investor, then any player without a flag (clockwise from the investor card holder) may buy or upgrade one bond. If the player with the card has no flag, then he still gets only one buy or upgrade that turn.

The first part of the investor phase -- payouts to all bondholders of the current nation -- occurs only if the nation's token lands on the investor space.

Finally, control shifts in any nation as a result of the investor bond buys and/or upgrades take place only at the end of the investor phase, right before the card is passed to the next player in turn.

Hope this explains everything -- it's not as complicated as it first seems. This is a great game. Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Mazenq
France
Tokyo (yes, it's not in France, I know)
flag msg tools
Hi John
Great, that's perfectly clear now, thank you very much !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.