HeroCard Orc Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Waste" mechanic with the "Disarm" card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corné Human
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, played a few fun games of Orc Wars earlier today, but ran into something that bothers me... The Disarm card instructs you to "waste" a base attack card from your opponent's hand. In an earlier thread someone wrote as follows with regards to how this should be done:

"As for Disarm, it uses the "waste" mechanic. Which means the target player must choose a Base Attack (if he has multiple) and place it on the appropriate Attribute. If this exceeds his Attribute points, it gets discarded. If it doesn't it stays on the table but doesn't mean he has attacked. It "wastes" your card and clogs your Attribute.

Note that if you don't have a Base Attack, then nothing happens."

This is all pretty clear to me, but here's my problem: how do I know my opponent REALLY does not have a Base Attack card. Are we actually looking at a rule here that requires you to trust your opponent's gaming ethics? After all, you're not allowed to check out your opponent's deck content, so you cannot verify whether or not you're being lied to. Can this be or am I missing something?

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hansell
United States
Rocklin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chuman wrote:
Are we actually looking at a rule here that requires you to trust your opponent's gaming ethics?

Yes,
The cards in your hand are secret so that this event does require that all players are not cheating. This type of cheating is NOT supported under the rules. Also keep in mind that the elves are highly ethical creatures and should always play honestly.

Peter - The orc king
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné Human
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.