Italy
Bozen
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinci
Players: Peter, Andy, Apo, Lanthi and Titi.
We sat together under the hot summersun, got our sunglasses on, prepared the Gameboard for "Vinci" and readied ourselfs to watch realms arise and disapear again without a trace. Lanthi was the only novice to this game and so he got a quick introduction to the rules, Andy served us with drinks and snacks. The advanced players where lurking for the supposed great combinations (like Mountainfolk and Military leader) so in the first few round the field was very close together as nobody could snatch a very advantageous combination. Lanthi managed to stay close to the field because nobody wanted to ruin his experience, because he was new to the game. When we where at about 40 Andy decided to go with the combination (Spy and Medicine). To bad that his old civiliziation was almost inexstent. We argued with him that he should abandon this civilization as soon as possible but he said he wanted to try to stay with it until the end of the game. Apo made some clever choices and could manage to grap 16 point two times in a row. The rest of the field was almost 10 points behind. He seemed to be unstoppable. With 80 point I had just got 12 points for my cilizations when I decided to abandon it, because the next round I figured I would get attacked from two sides and loose big. So I left my old civilization ( Finance and Renessaince) and got (Medicine and Revolution). I had to pay 4 points to get it, this was a big mistake as I realized soon after. When Apo had already 93 points he got attacked by Titi: He took 5 point away from him, then he got the points I left on the first civilization and went to 91. He was sure, he couldn't win but he managed to get 1 point ahead of me. I was the big looser. Apo won together with Lanthi: Both of them got exactly 100 points in the same round. Interestingly Andy got in third playe with 96 points. He had stayed the whole game with his civilization. If he had decided to change his civilization on the second last round, he could have won.
The whole field was very close (90 to 100)! The whole game clocked in at 2 hours and 15 minutes! Great fun! Again cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.