Popular Tags: [View All]
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A guy from Blue Orange Games did a demo at our gameshop today. He said he always ignores the rule stating "A piece being played from off the board may not cover an opponent's piece unless it is in a row where your opponent has three of his color." I don't know if the designer approved this but the Blue Orange rep (Rueben, from France)says it doesn't affect gameplay. He beat us all, of course. He also showed their next game which is a wooden-piece memory game that was fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carey
United States
Mount Pleasant
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:Blue Orange rule change?
Dingus (#47551),

I think the original rule is appropriate. Moving a piece onto the board improves a player's position, as does covering an opponent's piece with a piece already on the board. Allowing a player to do both in a single move is too much power for one action, in my opinion.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Blue Orange rule change?
jeffcarey (#86921),

OK - I just got the Blue-Orange version at a thrift store. Considering the conditions that have to be set-up, I think allowing the covering of a third piece should be allowed and can't see it altering game play much.

My question is - is this how the rules are in the Gigamic version? Why did you say the original rule is appropriate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years later, and the rule in question is still official. This according to the rules available for download at www.gobblet.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Sure, I'm late to the conversation, but having the x4 version I never realized this was a rule until recently.

I'm interested in more substantiated arguements than "it swings the game." Both players have access to the same opportunity. I also think this makes the rules fiddly/more difficult to explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.