Subject: Little help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Was reading rules for game. Say I have 12 people. I break down to 3 teams of four. Does each team of three wind up with forty cards, or do all teams use the same set of 40 cards.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All teams use the same set of 40 cards.

Also, it may be better to do 6 teams of two. I've played the game a lot and it doesn't play as well with teams of more than 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
What if you get through all 40 before all teams have a chance to play? I'm missing something here. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kelly
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be highly unlikely, but I guess if your first teams were really awesome it *could* be.

I would echo the "more smaller teams are better" I prefer this although most times we end up with four teams of three or four each. As long as you stagger seating so each team get even number of chances. Another thing to consider is making fair teams. I can not be on a team with my wife and sister in-law for example. We're just too in tune with the thought patterns.

Remember that when the time is up, the remaining cards get passed to another team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kabrush wrote:
What if you get through all 40 before all teams have a chance to play? I'm missing something here. Thanks.

If that happens (and it's extremely unlikely since you can't pass in the first round) then whichever team is next in line will start the next round, just as if all the cards had made it around the table at least once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.