JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to get Wits & Wagers for my sister for christmas. Does it matter where I buy it?

I'm ordering most of my games, so I could put Wit & Wagers on my list, but I have a Target very close by, so I could get it from there. I will be visiting my FLGS to see what games they have available that I want to buy for Christmas, if they have Wits & Wagers, should I get it there??

my head a-splode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'd guess that Target will be a little cheaper than your FLGS, but that's not certain. They may both be selling at MSRP. Your FOGS will almost certainly be selling it cheaper. There's certainly an argument for encouraging Target to sell a better brand of games, but I'd say there's more of one for giving business to your FLGS. If your question is about what's better for the designer or the publisher, then I don't really know. My gut instinct is that once it hits the distributor, Dominic et al. don't really care any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that my one little purchase doesn't really matter in the bigger scheme of things, but I'm debating all the issues you say:

do I encourage target to carry better games?

do I support my local game shop?

What would Dom Do??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
What would Dom Do??

He'd probably buy one for every person in your family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
it depends if you care what colour items you want. If you want a choice between orange or black then it does matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
On principle, I would buy it from Target and thereby encourage them to stock games of quality.

On pocketbook, I would buy it where it is cheapest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm convinced: Target here I come!

Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to send me into a Target? My credit card may not come out alive!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warren
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Target is the correct answer. If Target gets more sales they will carry the game for next year. They took a chance carrying a product from a small company, so we have to show them that was the right choice. So buy early, buy often!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
What would Dom Do??

Normally he would say support your local game shop! But right now the sales of W&W is dangerously close to the "getting dropped" level of sales. So in this case, he says support Target's attempt to expand their horizons.

Target will be selling Wits & Wagers it at the full MSRP so the price should not be an issue. It was very important to us that Target would not undercut the hobby game stores with a price that they could not match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.