Popular Tags: [View All]
Stu Hendrickson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I really like this game, but a few things bug me:
1) too many cavalry battle cards. Was cavalry a significant arm in this phase of the war? With the burden of attack on Br, they need to psend thier cards on ops, not bttles. I remove some of the more extreme cav cards. I will provide a list should anyone respond...
2) Too many cards whose SOLE purpose is to slam wellington. I remove Humbugged card.
3) national bonus: Br 2 Fr 1, not the other way around.
4) I take the supply state of a fortress into account when determinnig siege. For example, a fort starts isolated from france, use normal 3 dice. If it is later assualted without having restored supply line, it is down to 2 dice. minimum 1 die. restoring supply line, even temporarily, replensihes fort to 3 dice.
5) The leader bonus of WELLINGTON cannot exceed the number of troops he commands. Wellinton loses 1 die when attacking (this helps counterbalance a copule of the above rules).
6) For british reinforcemnt, do not roll 4 dice. roll 2 dice and add 7. this cuts down to extremes of results (but in my opinion is still too high areinforcement rate). The fRench reinforcement/withdrawl rolls are too variable too.

stu Hendrickson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Blair
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess that the variable game end, and the huge possibility of card hands means that varients are not really needed in a game that varies so much from play to play.

Last game I played, not a single anti-Wellington card came out, and he pretty much waltzed into Madrid without taking any losses... so, making the seiges easier would have just helped the British even more.

In other games Wellington has struggled to take the first fort, and barely limped into Madrid by the end of 1812...

My two cents...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.