Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It kind of has a feel of a euroish skirmish game i.e. dungeon twister maybe but more of a wargame feel. It also seems kind of abstracted-but in a good way.

This seems like exactly my type of game.

What other games(s) might it compare to?

I'm just curious what similarities it has to other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It compares somewhat to Memoir '44 or Battlecry. That is what playtesters said to me at least. Each army has its own feel and unique deck. The board is variable and can allow a number of different permutations. Personally, I get the feeling of chess with a challenge each time you try and take a piece or fight for land. You get to bluff, run, overwhelm and fight tooth an nail all through the game. And dice, you get to roll a lot of dice and its hardly ever just one dice but at least two or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
And dice, you get to roll a lot of dice and its hardly ever just one dice but at least two or more.

...how much dice? Will the winners be determined by it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
It compares somewhat to Memoir '44 or Battlecry. That is what playtesters said to me at least. Each army has its own feel and unique deck. The board is variable and can allow a number of different permutations. Personally, I get the feeling of chess with a challenge each time you try and take a piece or fight for land. You get to bluff, run, overwhelm and fight tooth an nail all through the game. And dice, you get to roll a lot of dice and its hardly ever just one dice but at least two or more.

I've never pre-ordered a game before...this might be the first.

Is there a target release date yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brewer
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
logopolys wrote:
...how much dice? Will the winners be determined by it?

There are typically 1 to 2 dice per unit card played by the attacker. Providing how the Attacker and Defender play their cards, the winner of the battle may well be a foregone conclusion before a single die is ever rolled. The Dice help decide the ultimate fate of the losing side.

In some instances, an attacker can be blind sided by some really good defensive cards that their opponent is holding onto. In this case, the dice may actually decide the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice
Yaaay, Mike finally posted. Any time you use dice, you intend for there to be a range of possiblities. In Manoeuvre, you can manage the number of dice you roll and estimate the combat values. But the dice are there and occasionally they will muck up the plan. But that is part of the fun and it really only happens once or twice a game. Most of the time things do go as planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Checkallday wrote:

Is there a target release date yet?

February 08

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.