Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I owned both Take 6 and Take 5 (both Amigo ver) but recently a gamer fren of mine said he has a different Take 5 which from his description is actually Take 6!!

He gave me the link to the website where he bought the game
http://www.999games.nl/assortiment/take-5

It did say "Take 5!" on the game listing page (above) but it stated the game is for 2-10 players (Take 5 is for 2-6) and looking at the sample cards, it is indeed Take 6 cards (since the bullheads are not in green/red colors like Take 5).

My fren also showed me his copy.. and the cards are indeed Take 6 cards but the box says Take 5.

I also notice an error on the box - where it said Take 5 is the winner of SDJ 1994. That's not correct as the SDJ 1994 winner was Manhattan.

However Take 6 did win the Deustche Spiele 1994 but Take 5 didn't win anything at all. So I suspect some translation error...

Where did 999 Games get hold of this copy of Take 5 ala Take 6??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game in the link is 6 nimmt!

Both Hornhochsen and 6 nimmt! seem to have been published as Take 5.

The title "Take 5" makes more sense for 6 nimmt! than the title "Take 6" as you never take more than five cards. But the correct translation would be "6 takes".

I don't think it says that the game won Spiel des Jahres in 1994. I think it just says that it was nominated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There is some confusion on this one due to release names:

Hornochsen has Take 5 as an alternate name (English version), with a box cover seen here:

6 Nimmt! also has Take 5 as an alternate name (Dutch version), with a box cover seen here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.