Popular Tags: [View All]
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The german rules state in bold the the guest token drawn from the bag is removed from the game. This isn't in the english rules (and i think isn't in the french rules). Which one is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, you are right. I don't think it would matter much either way since there are 10 tokens of each island/civ combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it could make a big difference. There are only 2 of each unique civ/island tokens in the bag (40 tokens total). That will halve the chance of that specific tile popping up again. What is worse, if the token is removed from the game, using surprise guest repeatedly could really shrink the available princes. In theory, after 5 turns in a 5 player game, it is possible to not have enough princes to fill the board.

I really don't see a reason for this rule -- especially if the token removed from the game is the random one drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.