Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schuth
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into a parent of younger kids (4, 6, 8) who told me his kids love to draw and color and paint and etc., and that's all they want to do. He says he would love to get them more into boardgaming and was wondering if there were any transitional boardgames that have some elements of artistry in them that he could use as bridge games with his kids.

I mentioned Cluzzle (a.k.a. barbarossa) but wasn't sure what else to tell him.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fenwick
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictionary, of course!

Oodles of Doodles is a nicer variation on that, actually, I think.

A lot of the Cranium games have sculpting and drawing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Simpson

California
msg tools
designer
publisher

Luminaries

I'm developing one where players draw for constellations and make backstories of what they see. Also, playtesting a Jr. edition with my own nieces and nephew (5, 8, and 12) and they have a blast drawing for it and linking stories to each other.

Simpson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids often like to do their own thing with a set, which may not have much to do with the rules.

Blokus Trigon and Icehouse pyramid "stashes" also provide material for expressing creativity. Sorry if this is not what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Who? What? Where? is a a good [party] drawing game -- much better than Pictionary. I like how everyone draws at the same time, and THEN everyone guesses what each others' drawings are. There's time pressure, but people can be much more creative by composing a picture. I'll go out on a limb and suggest looking into the kids version, Who? What? Where? Jr., despite having only played the original. (I think the key difference is the kids version uses kid subject matter -- fewer politicians, more animals.)

Speaking of clues for kids, your friend could try a homebrew adaptation of Split Personality.

This isn't the kind of art you mentioned, but the storytelling in Once Upon a Time: The Storytelling Card Game might appeal to the theatrically-inclined artist.

This is an interesting topic. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.