Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there

Like many others out here, I am easerly awaiting the arrival of this game. However, I was interested if anyone out there had any more news on either the expected release date, or more importantly, changes to the rules from the original or a breakdown of what we can expect when it does get released?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Hi there

Like many others out here, I am easerly awaiting the arrival of this game. However, I was interested if anyone out there had any more news on either the expected release date, or more importantly, changes to the rules from the original or a breakdown of what we can expect when it does get released?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Chris

Nothing new yet. From what I've heard, GMT is trying to get it out the door in Q1 of 2008.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin-Bihary
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also am very interested in this title. I loved the original as a solo game, and really want to know what the solo rules look like in the new edition. I'd love to see the entire ruleset, actually. Release it as a pdf!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to this game as well!!

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
paulus22 wrote:
I also am very interested in this title. I loved the original as a solo game, and really want to know what the solo rules look like in the new edition. I'd love to see the entire ruleset, actually. Release it as a pdf!!!

The solo rules are similar to those in the original, but tailored, of course, to the new version. I didn't want to change them too much, simply because the originals were popular. But they had to change to reflect changes in the game.

As for relesaing the ruleset, that's up to GMT. I'm one of those people who think you should have to buy a game in order to see its rules, but I realize there are differing opinions about it. Still, it's GMT's call when the time comes, and that's not yet, since I'm still laying the rules out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too hope GMT will grant us a look at the revised rules before printing and mailed a request to their office.

It is just that I am (and many others are) so curious, and the wait is so long... So reading the rules and trying to imagine how the game will be helps. It's fun.

I think I understand why Neil says people should buy the game to see the rules and I respect that, but don't forget... almost 1000 enthusiasts already did buy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Just threw a couple new card pics up in the gallery for you guys:

There's also a look at some of the new counter's on the GMT page for the game at http://www.gmtgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Great! Thanks Mark!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lynch
United States
Brooklawn
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I have seen so far for this game looks great! Keep up the good work.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane B
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see on the site that it is designed for 2-5 players. Any chance that the rules will be easily modified to accommodate 6 players? Our group is 6-strong, and we all would love a great Pirate-themed game.

Looks amazing. Can't wait to own it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shane, Neil can answer better, but I'd say you could put some house rules to do it pretty easily. Might be a bit tight on components in some cases, but should be able to work around that. A few house rules should be able to make something work for you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane B
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Mark's right - no real reason you couldn't play with 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane B
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great. I can't wait to get my hands on this.
Have a good holiday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.