Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys, can somebody give me a quick primer on Allies, and their role in battles (how many do we get, etc). I'm not sure we're doing that right.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new to the game myself, but this is how I understand allies:

If you fight in Italy, Spain, or North Africa, you get bonus battle cards for each province you control in that region. Usually, this is 1 BC per province, but the two Numidias are worth 2 BC each. The Romans can never get more than 2 cards for allies in Italy, but they get an additional 2 BC for fighting in Rome (Latium).

If you fight in Sicily, you can get 1 BC for Sicily and another 1 BC for Syracuse.

All other provinces only grant you a 1 BC bonus if you fight there.

Only armies with a general gain BCs for allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Niko!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Baxter
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow I missed that that bonus 2 for fighting in Rome are in addition to the Italian allies. Thanks for pointing that out Niko.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay, so if you're Roman and you're off fighting Hannibal in Spain, it's a good chance he's gonna get 3-4 extra BCs for controlling those provinces in Spain?

Niko Ruf wrote:

If you fight in Italy, Spain, or North Africa, you get bonus battle cards for each province you control in that region. Usually, this is 1 BC per province, but the two Numidias are worth 2 BC each. The Romans can never get more than 2 cards for allies in Italy, but they get an additional 2 BC for fighting in Rome (Latium).

If you fight in Sicily, you can get 1 BC for Sicily and another 1 BC for Syracuse.

All other provinces only grant you a 1 BC bonus if you fight there.

Only armies with a general gain BCs for allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Greenwood
United Kingdom
Halifax
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, no sailing over to Spain for an easy victory if the locals do not like you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some of my best friends are Spaniards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chairman7w wrote:
Some of my best friends are Spaniards.

But are they sufficiently many to justify giving you an extra BC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's where possibly sending over Publius Scipio on the 1st turn comes in. He has a 2 Strategy Rating when in Spain, and, if you can take Baetica or New Carthage, you can deny Carthage a CU per turn. Get 'em both, & deny Carthage 2 CUs per turn...wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.