Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Foodgeek
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I just posted this in someones geekjournal, so thought I'd put it here:

You can only use yellow cards when BOTH people have 3 points so.....let your opponent get the 3rd point first, and get as many spy cards as you can (by looking in the deck), even if you only have one. Then get the 3rd point, so u can use yellow cards first and hit your opponent with the spy card. If he had a spy card, you take it first and use it right then to get another of his cards. Take his best cards. and he cant replenish cards until AFTER his next turn, so only has what is left in his hand after u swiped his stuff for his next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:a strategy we use sometimes
Hi Jason!

In a game I played today against my son, something very close to this happened. We both had a Spy in our hands but I was the first one with 3 points. When my son got his third point he used his Spy right away, took my Spy and with it another good card. I ended up with just a worthless Sawmill to play. If I didn't know better I would say my son read your comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foodgeek
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
ValJor (#51495),

LOL. The other day I actually got all three spys (and I ahd 2 abbey's so could have 5 cards total). I slowly hit him with one spy at a time...waiting for him to get good cards. I still, somehow, lost. heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foodgeek
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Foodgeek (#68273),
Yeah, I lost the other day, even though I'd had all 3 spies. LOL. I keep forgettign teh resources are they key to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Allbritain
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game I played yesterday, I only had 1 vp to go. I played a spy, took my opponent's spy, used it to take the Black Knight, used it, won, discarded my opponent's only knight, getting me the Knight token, and my 12th vp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foodgeek wrote:
You can only use yellow cards when BOTH people have 3 points so.....let your opponent get the 3rd point first, and get as many spy cards as you can (by looking in the deck), even if you only have one. Then get the 3rd point, so u can use yellow cards first and hit your opponent with the spy card. If he had a spy card, you take it first and use it right then to get another of his cards. Take his best cards. and he cant replenish cards until AFTER his next turn, so only has what is left in his hand after u swiped his stuff for his next turn.

You need to be careful not to get Spy cards too early in the game, especially before your opponent gets his 3rd point. If you get the 3rd VP first, then when your opponent gets his 3rd VP, he can play a Spy to steal yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They did change the rules several times.

In 'old' days, it was like it is mentioned here in the thread - nobody could play any yellow cards until both players had 3 points.

But then, somebody managed to construct a deck called 'Kanzler Deck'. With this deck, he was able to go from 2 points to the win in only one turn (in tournament mode, where each player has his own deck). To manage this, he needed about 17 ressources, and had to spend quite a long time to rearrange his draw stacks.

To prevent this kind of deck, a new rule was introduced in the tournament: Yellow cards could be player if either both players had 3 points, or they had a high number (maybe around 25?) of ressources together.

In the current edition, they made a rework, and classified each card. Now you may play one kind of action cards (Schutz - defence?) from the begin of the game, and other action cards (neutral and attack) only when both players have 7 points together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.