Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally like the AT themes and narrative they provide, conflict laden with a small dose of luck but I also enjoy games that can be played in about an hour and usually steer clear of 3 hour play times. Cost is always a consideration as well and I seem to find most of the games costing a little more than my allowance can afford me.

So, there it is, what's the best AT-Euro hybrid for under $30?

Nexus Ops would be my first plug for this criteria but I'd be intereseted to see what others think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harmon
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bootleggers would be an excellent choice.

Its listed here at BGG as having a 120 minute play time, and I'm not sure what they were doing that we're not, but our games have always come out in about an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SettlerOfCatan wrote:
ironcates wrote:

Nexus Ops would be my first plug for this criteria but I'd be intereseted to see what others think.

I never really considered Noxious Ops to have very many Euro qualities.

Bootleggers gets my vote and it's currently at $9.99 with 4 days left on ebay, or you can come in just under $30 and BuyItNow for $28.99

Well, I'm thinking streamlined rules with a little resource management has a sprinkle of Euro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's Vegas Showdown, which you can get for like under $15 at Boards and Bits, if they haven't sold out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Dungeon Twister is pretty good hybrid for under $30 online. I also like LOTR: The Confrontation (small box version). For multiplayer, probably Condottiere for a really cool card-based wargame with lots of fun possibilities and a small footprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thoughthammer has a ding and dent copy of Duel in the Dark for $29.99. Regular price for a non damaged edition is $32.99 or so. The MSRP is $50 though.

I haven't picked this up yet, but i've been meaning too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Vegas Showdown as well. GREAT game and I'm really kicking myself for not picking it up sooner than I did. It gets regular play in my game group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.