Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: BGG.CON07 - Lists of Games Played rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: convention [+] bggcon [+] BGGcon07 [+] [View All]
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking over the half dozen or so geeklists so far of games played at the most recent BGG.con. Looks like the vast majority of games played (at least 90%) were strictly traditional Eurogames. Didn't see much in the way of AT, wargames, CCG, or minis. Is this a pretty fair representation, or is it that the lists with these games haven't been posted yet? Just curious...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
Location: 3' from my actual position.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see any mini's other than Heroscape, nor CCG's though I did hear someone say "He's back there playing Magic" at one point. Arkham Horror got a ton of table time, I'd say almost as much as Agricola. Magic Realm was played, not sure if those constitute Amerigames for you, but these style of games had a presence.

I also saw a bunch of unidentified wargames being played. lots of buzz over the big Axis and Allies maps especially the beautiful huge wooden one. There was a naval wargame set out but sadly I never saw it actually played I would love to have seen that one in action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilder
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Didn't see much in the way of AT, wargames, CCG, or minis. Is this a pretty fair representation, or is it that the lists with these games haven't been posted yet? Just curious...


I saw a handful of wargames being played as I walked around the room, but no minis (except for a giant Wings of War battle, but I don't think that's the same thing) or CCGs. There were quite a few American-style games going on, though. I couldn't tell you exactly which ones, as they aren't my preference, but they were definitely represented.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lothartvni wrote:

I also saw a bunch of unidentified wargames being played. lots of buzz over the big Axis and Allies maps especially the beautiful huge wooden one.


Yeah, now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a photo posted of that giant wooden Axis & Allies board, where it appears they used A&A Miniatures units for the game pieces! Yeah, that was a work of art! Well, I'm glad that Amerigames and wargames had a respectable showing. I may yet have to consider going to this next time around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Traditional euros seemed the most common, but I also saw hardcore wargames, Ameritrash, party/social games, abstract strategy, dexterity games, etc. Didn't notice much in the way of miniatures or CCGs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CCG - I played a game of the Conan CCG, which was OK. (Would have preferred Shadowfist)

Wargames - I know that several were played. I saw Napoleon's Triumph played several times. I know of a 12-hour Here I Stand game. I talked to someone who played Hammer of the Scots. Wizard Kings also had at least one play. Up Front! was played.

Hope this helps.

Randy...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornjob played A Victory Lost with somebody. It seemed like most of the wargames were towards the back of the room, so unless you struggled through the crowds you might not have seen them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup I mainly played conflict sims this Con. I'll do a list when I have time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
caesarmom wrote:
Cornjob played A Victory Lost with somebody. It seemed like most of the wargames were towards the back of the room, so unless you struggled through the crowds you might not have seen them.


Additionally, Cornjob, Dr. Glaze, Kuhrusty, and a fourth person I didn't recognize played a game of Eastfront.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The fourth was Ben, aka SabreRedleg.

Also Cavedog_pdx had lots of wargames going. So did Cornjob's wargame opponents who I wish I chatted up more...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There was little to no action for CCG's or Minis. But don't let that deter you! The first year there was no wargames but now there's plenty of action.

Tons of Ameritrash is in play at all times at BGG.Con. In fact I'd venture that there is nearly as much AT as anything there. Starcraft, Warcraft, Queen's Gambit, Epic Duels, Battlelore, whatever the Fantasy Flight guys were demo-ing, Last Night on Earth... the list goes on and on.

There was no shortage of wargame if you want them. But there are only about 30 or so playing wargames in a crowd of 600. I managed to get in EastFront II, Successors (second edition), and even Napoleon's Triumph but I never did managem to squeeze in that game of A Victory Lost I was hoping for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason F.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Lothartvni wrote:

I also saw a bunch of unidentified wargames being played. lots of buzz over the big Axis and Allies maps especially the beautiful huge wooden one.


Yeah, now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a photo posted of that giant wooden Axis & Allies board, where it appears they used A&A Miniatures units for the game pieces! Yeah, that was a work of art! Well, I'm glad that Amerigames and wargames had a respectable showing. I may yet have to consider going to this next time around.


Where is that picture at? Anyone know who created the wooden board? It was really nice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crim wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
Lothartvni wrote:

I also saw a bunch of unidentified wargames being played. lots of buzz over the big Axis and Allies maps especially the beautiful huge wooden one.


Yeah, now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a photo posted of that giant wooden Axis & Allies board, where it appears they used A&A Miniatures units for the game pieces! Yeah, that was a work of art! Well, I'm glad that Amerigames and wargames had a respectable showing. I may yet have to consider going to this next time around.


Where is that picture at? Anyone know who created the wooden board? It was really nice.


That was Mark Woodson's (bluedionysius) board.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
I was in the 12+ hour game of Here I Stand and got in a Britannia...

In addition to all the others listed above I saw a number of Twilight Struggles a Paths of Glory and a Fredrich (or however you spell it).

There were probably about 6-8 people there doing almost exclusively war games with about 30-40 other players who snuck in a war game here and there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.