Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently considering to buy EFII. The problem is, I would probably use the game to learn the rules solitaire and then play by email using VASSAL. As there is no module for EFII (yet), I am wondering whether you can use the EF module with the EFII rules. Did the scenarios change a lot, given that EFII has a larger map and 10 extra blocks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Grubben
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know you will buy the game sooner or later. Just give in, Niko, just give in .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but can we play on VASSAL if I get EFII? The EFII module is not yet done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Grubben
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be no difficulties: both versions (the map included) are basically identical, with the exception of some minor tweaks. But I'm new to the game, so maybe someone with more experience with both versions could chime in for confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried setting up the Barbarossa scenario from the EFII rules on the EF module yesterday. The missing blocks are additional axis minors, which aren't important as the old map doesn't extend so far west. There is one bigger problem, though: the orientation of the hexes has changed! Thus, the frontlines do no longer look quite the same. Also, the EFII rules talk about markings on the map that are not present in the old version.

I suppose we could use EFII rules and the EFI setup. Does anybody know where I can get a .pdf of the original EF rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.