Popular Tags: [View All]
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game enough to form an opinion to write it down on here. I'm not going to describe in detail what the game is about, someone has already done a good job of that. I'll just summarise with my thoughts.

I'm not a fan of bidding games, but am ok with small amounts of bidding and thankfully there is only a small amount involved, which is bidding for turn order, but bids are genrally low as cards are always in short supply. There is a lot of figuring out what your opposition is upto and how it will effect you.

The game is wonderfully nasty. You can really ruin someones day with this game if they take their gaming too seriously and dummies could be spat out with venom with this game. There is a lot of nastiness with this game with being able to eat other players pieces if you have not farmed enough food to feed all your men.

You also pick a card at the start of the turn and perform the action if there is one on the card. Towards the end of the game there are more and more nasty cards that do nasty things to another player (you choose the target of the nastiness).

There is no chance that you will go through the game without being the target of some nastiness, I have found that with the people I have played it with that we all pick on each other equally and the percieved leader changes this way, as the percieved leader is the obvious target. You cannot say for sure who is leading as the Moai statues are secret after you build them, you know how many the others have built, you have to remember if the were worth 4 points or 10 points.

If you like peaceful games where you are left alone to get on with what you want to do then this is not the game for you. If you like games with a heavy degree of nastiness or the opportunity to settle a score from a previous game then this is the one for you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.