Subject: PvP and Activated items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Romero
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been asked and answered here - I looked over all the existing PvP questions and questions about activation and I can't seem to find it, though.

Anyway - I played my first game of Runebound the other day against my son and he decided to attack my hero. We immediately ran into all the issues mentioned here about the seeming imbalance of the situation, but one other thing I wanted to ask that I haven't seen:

If I have items that are activated and have already been used in my previous turn (so they are face down when my son's turn starts), I, as the defending player, do not have any chance to use those, correct? Because I have not had any chance to "Refresh" for the turn.

Just wanted to make sure that is the correct interpretation. Assuming that's correct, it seems to add a bit more to the "defending player is at a disadvantage" issues discussed here.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Harley
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Re:PvP and Activated items
pekadad (#47883),
My understanding is that, yes, you are caught in that case without your previously activated items. It may seem like a dirty tactic (or a smart one in some cases)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee perry
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re:PvP and Activated items
It's just horrible though, you're already at a MASSIVE disadvantage not being able to make an escape attempt, and now the attacker comes at you with all items blazing, and you're potentially not even armed.

Defenders need a chance to try and escape at the start of every combat round IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.