Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Maesen
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if anyone has anything negitive to say about this game. It sounds like everyone has had possitive experience. Is there a dark side to this game??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One player always loses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Romano
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanmaesen wrote:
Is there a dark side to this game??

My biggest complaint about this game is that it's easy to make an obvious mistake that costs you the game.

It's almost as if the winner of the game is the one who doesn't make the first mistake.

The good news is that these mistakes usually decrease once the players have played two or three games. But the first time the game is played it's almost inevitable that game-costing blunders will be made.

(If I haven't made it obvious by now, it's my opinion that this game is definitely better after the first few plays.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
While I see what you are saying, (and I can't disagree with you) I actually think this is one of the strengths of the game as well. One of the things I really like about Easter Island is that people DO get better at it. Yes, you will make mistakes, but they do happen less often and are often less harmful the more that you play.
This game rocks!
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Fantomius wrote:
ryanmaesen wrote:

My biggest complaint about this game is that it's easy to make an obvious mistake that costs you the game.

It's almost as if the winner of the game is the one who doesn't make the first mistake.

The good news is that these mistakes usually decrease once the players have played two or three games. But the first time the game is played it's almost inevitable that game-costing blunders will be made.

(If I haven't made it obvious by now, it's my opinion that this game is definitely better after the first few plays.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
One player always loses?

Fine with me as long as I´m not the one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantomius wrote:
ryanmaesen wrote:

This is how any game works, especially abstract ones. Who is going to lose Chess or Go? The one who makes more mistakes or to be more precise, the player who plays worse.

That´s what makes a game a good one, not a bad one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what abstract game isn't better after a few plays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.