Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my last post on this subject. I discovered a new strategy for the Lord of the Ring scenario (see also Lord of the Ring Solo: 400 points!!! and Lord of the Ring Solo: 420 points!!!). I breed no extra donkeys, construct only four roads, focus on early raft production, and rely heavily on these (eventually five) rafts for transportation of goods.

I think I now have squeezed the last few points out of this strategy. In this latest session, I improve over the previous session in two ways:
- I build the second mine one round earlier (round 13), which gives me one extra gold.
- I produce enough geese and start early with building wonder bricks (the first brick in round 7), which gives me one extra wonder row.

I end the game with 2 stocks, 3 sets of coins, 3 gold, and 5 wonder rows, for a total of 440 points!!! I wonder if this is an exceptionally high score or whether better solutions have been found (probably using a different strategy)?

I have detailed all steps of this new personal record in an excel sheet (see LordOfTheRing440.xls).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilmann Choe
Germany
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful!
I think it's the best score ever made.
You can summit your solution to Splotter Spellen.
For reference: http://www.splotter.nl/english/r&b/lotr.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MANN wrote:
Wonderful!
I think it's the best score ever made.
You can summit your solution to Splotter Spellen.

I've submitted my solution now. Let's wait and see....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been struggling with this scenario. Your score is amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trailofdead wrote:
I've been struggling with this scenario. Your score is amazing!

Thank you!

I've noticed your attempts on Aaron Marriner's site (my login there is mokie). You should really try to build some water transporters. They are the key in this scenario. Both my and Werner Baer's solution rely heavily on them.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.